09-02-2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJliTnLWuU

Titanium Dome
09-02-2013, 06:48 PM
http://www.live-production.tv/news/products/jbl-professional-3-series.html

$200 (LSR305) or $325 (LSR 308) each.

BMWCCA
09-02-2013, 07:41 PM
LSR308 seems to be $250 from on-line retailers at the moment.

Robh3606
09-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Bump

Rob:)

martin_wu99
09-07-2013, 08:26 AM
up:D

Titanium Dome
12-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Wha?

grumpy
12-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Looks like Santa visited a bit early....

Mctwins
12-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Wha?

Open up the boxes:applaud:and tell us how it's sounds.

JuniorJBL
12-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Humm........ Does he just go to Domes house early or what? :blink:

I have to beg borrow and plead to get santa here. Although I am expecting a ML333 any day now!!:applaud:

Let us know how they sound Dome!!:D

grumpy
12-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Although I am expecting a ML333 any day now!!

When I hear of brownouts in your area, I'll have a good idea of why. :eek:

hjames
12-19-2013, 11:06 AM
When I hear of brownouts in your area, I'll have a good idea of why. :eek:

TiDo doesn't have his own backup generator yet?

Oh, the shame, the HORROR!

JBLAddict
12-19-2013, 12:27 PM

Yes, is that the 2013 or 2014 Sterilites?? :D

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Box in a box

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Lots of info/marketing. Fourth side is in other languages (not shown).

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Well packed and blemish free as a result. The Quick Set Up Guide was in the box under the speaker. Not too handy for following the unpacking instructions.

The full manual required a trip to JBLpro.com to download it. That allows language specific downloads for the user's country.

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Comparison to W15 GTI. (Yes, the one on the right is upside down, thank you.)

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Easy as 1-2-3... Oops, there is no 3!

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Wait for it, wait for it; there, the white light is on. Now it's time to dance!

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 01:42 PM
One of our resident experts can chime in if we need instant analysis.

I'll wait until I've had some time with them.

BMWCCA
01-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Just to be clear, these are one-each to a box at a street price of $199 each currently. Correct? Not per pair?

Anxious to hear what you think. I'd like to try them next to my Pro-III Plus system I just picked up for $40 (plus amps).

Nice to see you're still inquisitive as well as acquisitive. :)

Titanium Dome
01-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Just to be clear, these are one-each to a box at a street price of $199 each currently. Correct? Not per pair?

Anxious to hear what you think. I'd like to try them next to my Pro-III Plus system I just picked up for $40 (plus amps).

Nice to see you're still inquisitive as well as acquisitive. :)

Yes. Easily under $200 each.

Robh3606
01-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Curious what you think I have been considering a pair from my office at work. Would replace my 4208's and Urie amps.

martin_wu99
01-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Wait for it, wait for it; there, the white light is on. Now it's time to dance!
Congrats:D
Tell us how about the sound?

martin_wu99
01-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Wrong thread - generally you would list a For Sale Item in the Lansing marketplace thread.

I don't recall many Paragon's being sold though this site - most usually appear via an Auction House -
Price is usually dependent on condition, location, and the market, of course.
Better money to be found AFTER Tax refund season, perhaps

Not sure many folks here are interested in those pretty but old speakers - unless there is a deal to be had.
Hi heather,seems you changed your house configuration:D

hjames
01-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Hi heather,seems you changed your house configuration:D

Don't want to go off topic in this thread, please find my reply here -
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?33016-Home-Theater-Thread-continues&p=357278&viewfull=1#post357278

JuniorJBL
01-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Curious what you think I have been considering a pair from my office at work. Would replace my 4208's and Urie amps.

Those could really clean up the need for extra components that's for sure. :)

Titanium Dome
02-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Now that I've had these up and running for a month, I can make some observations.
These are easy to like. The simple, clean installation is a big plus, and they really do vanish into the background in my usually darkened room where I use them.
They are now my primary gaming speakers. They provide great realism and dynamic effect. Whether it's the trampoline jump on Wii Fit U, Super Mario 3D World, or Wonderful 101, they're just great!
Compared to the PT250s, which are in the same room, of course they lose. But it's a case of where a complex set up like a quad-amped, active crossover, four-way system had better be better. Heck, just one of the BSS units cost more than four 308s would. I am tempted to get one of the LSR subs (or a pair) to make it a more even fight. That could be very interesting.
One area where the S308 beats the PT250 is in the HF accuracy and performance. I'm wondering how I can graft that waveguide onto an L250 cabinet.
The 56 Watt amps have more than enough power for anything I need to do, even in a 2000 cubic ft. room.
In addition to the LSR sub(s) I'm dreaming about, three more LSR 308s would make us a really nice surround gaming system. It's very tempting!
With street prices as low as they are for these speakers, they are a phenomenal value. It's hard to imagine a better ROI in a new speaker.
People who like a mellow, euphonically warm (pleasing distortion) sound should look elsewhere.

martin_wu99
02-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Now that I've had these up and running for a month, I can make some observations.
These are easy to like. The simple, clean installation is a big plus, and they really do vanish into the background in my usually darkened room where I use them.
They are now my primary gaming speakers. They provide great realism and dynamic effect. Whether it's the trampoline jump on Wii Fit U, Super Mario 3D World, or Wonderful 101, they're just great!
Compared to the PT250s, which are in the same room, of course they lose. But it's a case of where a complex set up like a quad-amped, active crossover, four-way system had better be better. Heck, just one of the BSS units cost more than four 308s would. I am tempted to get one of the LSR subs (or a pair) to make it a more even fight. That could be very interesting.
One area where the S308 beats the PT250 is in the HF accuracy and performance. I'm wondering how I can graft that waveguide onto an L250 cabinet.
The 56 Watt amps have more than enough power for anything I need to do, even in a 2000 cubic ft. room.
In addition to the LSR sub(s) I'm dreaming about, three more LSR 308s would make us a really nice surround gaming system. It's very tempting!
With street prices as low as they are for these speakers, they are a phenomenal value. It's hard to imagine a better ROI in a new speaker.
People who like a mellow, euphonically warm (pleasing distortion) sound should look elsewhere.

Thank you,very careful review:applaud:

pos
02-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Those speakers look like very good engineering: great value at low cost.
I hope this new waveguide technology will appear in other series as well (installation series for example) so that it can be get as a part.

Robh3606
02-10-2014, 05:18 AM

Hello TiDome

So how do they image?? If you put on a Q Sound encoded recording how well do they project to the sides and behind you?? How quiet are they?? Any noticable hiss?? Do they have a noticeably larger sweet spot as advertised??

Thanks Rob:)

L.H. Nick
02-20-2014, 06:24 PM
I have a pair of the 305s set up as computer speakers. I use a pair of isoacoustics stands to raise them up off the desk. The speakers flank a 24" flat panel monitor and are canted inwards so that the tweeter beams meet behind my head. The speakers are fed from an ASUS sound card and are used as general PC speakers as well as to play back music from my library via JRiver Media Center.

I am thrilled with the performance of these little guys.

To answer some of Robh3606's questions:

They image very well, this despite being in a poor acoustical environment what with sitting on a desk with a monitor between them and having things such as printers, PCs and book shelves piled up near them. After all, they are being used in an office space. Center images are rock solid. Depth can easily be perceived and "phantom performers" who are well to the left and right of the speakers make frequent appearances. If you are used to hearing a sound stage from your big rig, imagine that sound stage shrunk down and set on top of your desk and you'll get an idea of the way the 305s image. I've no experience with Q sound. My playback is pretty much limited to redbook CDs ripped to a hard drive.

They are not perfectly quiet. Without music playing if I place my ear near the tweeter I can hear a distinct hiss. However, I am unable to hear that hiss when I sit normally at my desk which puts the speakers just about arm's length from me.

The sweet spot seems to be wide and stable. Moving from side to side shifts the positions of the performers, but does not collapse the sound stage, at least not until you get well off axis.

All this is well and good, but what I think sets these speakers apart is their transparency. The old chestnut: "I'm hearing from familiar recordings things I hadn't heard before" is repeated again and again, with every recording I play. I don't necessarily mean brand new details, though there are plenty of those. I also mean the interactions between performers and instruments that I've heard dozens of times. Vocals are intelligible and bring out previously obscured lyrics. Harmonics are tightly integrated with fundamentals giving instruments a sheen and shimmer lesser speakers can't reproduce. The solid imaging is more than just a party trick of letting you point to the performers, it lets you hear how they were interacting while playing.

There is no need to blast the speakers to hear these details. Indeed, I find I am playing these things far more quietly than I have other speakers. I've set the volume knobs on the back of the speakers to 4.5 and I find that is plenty. This ability to be a "quiet" speaker while preserving their phenomenal transparency makes them very neighbor pleasing as well as saving wear and tear on your own ears.

These kinds of musical revelations and abilities would be worth spending thousands to attain. That I got them for a few hundred bucks borders on the incredible.

I have not tried the 305s anywhere besides my desk. Perhaps they are only near field monitors after all and fall apart when asked to play in the mid field or far field. I frankly don't care. For my application, and for what I paid, they far, far exceed my expectations and get a very enthusiastic thumbs up. My only real complaint, and it's more of an observation than a complaint, is that in my set up they do not have meaningful bass below about 80Hz. This can be bad, as some songs revolve around those bottom octaves and then the 305s only create a shadow of the performers' intent. However, for the vast majority of music the bass is pleasing and the constricted lower octaves lend themselves towards the neighbor pleasing "stealth" capabilities they have wherein I can be enjoying myself immensely and others aren't even aware I'm listening to music.

I would say to anyone who is on the fence about these things to jump on them while the February sales are still in effect. They are phenomenal values at their regular street prices. Getting them on sale just makes things all the better!

Robh3606
02-23-2014, 06:27 AM
Hello Nick

Thanks for answering my questions and welcome to the forum

L.H. Nick
02-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi Rob

I hope my post was helpful and not too gushing. As I said, I'm thrilled with these little guys!

Perhaps you could answer a question for me? To get to this forum you need to go past a page that shows two men apparently discussing a ring radiator. Do you know the names of these gentlemen? Perhaps a caption could be added to the picture with that information in it?

Thank in advance

LHN

jblnut
02-24-2014, 03:35 PM
I think I am going to pull the trigger on a pair. My trusty Pro IIIs are being sent down to the kitchen as my wife is no longer enthusiastic about the old Cambridge sound works minis in that space. I would love to be able to put some LSR6238s on my desk but that's not happening this year at least.

I will post my impressions of them once I get them setup and broken in.

Jblnut

L.H. Nick
02-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Hi jblnut!

I hope you get as much satisfaction from them as I do! To that end, I highly recommend putting them on some sort of stands so that you can get the tweeters at least to ear level. I'm using isoacoustic's recommended stands, on the 8 inch setting. While they work great, I don't think there's anything particularly magical about them. Any other tall enough stand or indeed simply a pile of books would probably sound just as well so long as it was tall enough to get the speaker up and in your face. Once up there though, the 305s create this bubble of sound in front of my monitor that is very pleasing to listen to.

I'm guessing this bubble is the "near field" zone where the speaker output predominates above the room reverberation. When I lean back in my chair I slip out of that bubble. The speakers still sound good, but there is a certain "sparkle" and clarity to the sound when I sit just a bit closer and move into that zone. You'll know it when you hear it!

Have fun!

LHN

BMWCCA
01-12-2016, 04:28 PM
I bought a pair of the powered LSR305s on a whim after TD's 308 experience and 4313B's recommendation. I pulled the trigger when I found them for $125 each and couldn't be happier. I have them in a room with everything from L7 and L5s to 4412A and L96s. They sound great. They image better than the Pro-III-Plus system and I can play them direct from a CD player or pre-amp and the little amped guys sound like the bigger boys. I find I'm using them as monitors during recording and transfer, as well as just for fun, more than anything else in the room since I don't have to fire up a Crown PS amp just to hear the Pro-IIIs.

I mention this now because there seem to be a Special Edition version of these out there in bright red (really bright) and Guitar Center has them on sale while they last for just $99 each, including shipping. Please, please, buy them out and make them go away before I do something irrational and buy another pair I don't need. This is a fantastic deal on a speaker that's an amazing value at twice the price . . . if you love red, or close your eyes when listening.
:bouncy:

4313B
01-13-2016, 07:54 AM
Bright Red? Really? Time to go shopping for some nieces and nephews then! :rotfl:

jblnut
01-13-2016, 08:17 AM
IMO they should have gone with that old "JBL Front Baffle Blue" color instead !

I never did buy a pair but I gotta admit, $99 is pretty damn tempting....

jblnut

4313B
01-13-2016, 08:37 AM
IMO they should have gone with that old "JBL Front Baffle Blue" color instead ! Something tells me that most of the people working there wouldn't even know what the hell you were talking about... :rotfl:

jblnut
01-13-2016, 08:41 AM
Too true my friend....too true....

jblnut

bubbleboy76
01-13-2016, 08:54 AM
They do not sell to Europe :(
I had bought them otherwise.
Red gives better imaging, lower power compression, and more airy and warm "red" sound!
;)

jblnut
01-13-2016, 09:30 AM
I just pulled the trigger on a pair finally...this site has cost me more money over the years than I care to add up :-)

Of course it's saved me a ton too when members post amazing deals like this that I otherwise would have missed. Like the SUB1500 driver that continues to fill in the lowest octave of my main 2-channel rig for instance.

Will post my thoughts on these (for real) this time once I have them. They are replacing my desktop rig which has been a Carver TFM-6CB feeding either PROIII's or more recently J50's (still using the PROIII's Sub).

jblnut

Odd
01-13-2016, 09:35 AM
They do not sell to Europe :(
I had bought them otherwise.
Red gives better imaging, lower power compression, and more airy and warm "red" sound!
;)

http://www.jetcarrier.com/cms/

BMWCCA
01-13-2016, 06:21 PM
http://www.jetcarrier.com/cms/

Is that link supposed to do something or go somewhere???? :confused:

bubbleboy76
01-14-2016, 06:05 AM

It is a company helping people in scandinavia buy stuff from the US. You get an US address.
Thanx Odd.

Odd
01-14-2016, 11:08 AM

A link on LHF created such huge traffic that their server went down.:crying:

Well, maybe not but I think they are better on logistics and shipping than server service.

The link should be ok.

badman
01-14-2016, 12:34 PM
I had to do it. There was no choice available to me- the red is just too fun.

dprice
01-14-2016, 06:53 PM
I think these are perfect to suggest to the wife for my upcoming birthday present. I need them like a hole in the head but they will make killer PC speakers.

Ed Zeppeli
01-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Yes they're quite nice. I picked up a pair in October to use with the PC.

BMWCCA
01-14-2016, 08:22 PM
The link should be ok.
I get impatient waiting for a link to load after about ten-minutes and give up. I doubt I'm different than most people in that respect! Still not working here, but then I don't need it, do I? ;)

bubbleboy76
01-15-2016, 07:13 AM
I get impatient waiting for a link to load after about ten-minutes and give up. I doubt I'm different than most people in that respect! Still not working here, but then I don't need it, do I? ;)

It is maybe blocked for US ip-numbers.

Odd
01-15-2016, 07:51 AM
It is maybe blocked for US ip-numbers.

No, their server was down. Works now.

jblnut
01-15-2016, 02:49 PM
UPS arrived with my 305's today.

I wasted no time in getting them setup on my desk and they look stunning. The red really makes it even though I thought it might be overpowering. I put some music with decent bass on a loud loop then went out for a walk. I know it's just a minor break in but I wanted to give them at least an hour to warm up before I sat down to listen.

So...

I have to say this is $200 well spent. The imaging is the thing that grabs you first. They really throw a wide and deep sound stage and it doesn't matter too much how you move around left to right. They have a surprising amount of bass but it doesn't go super deep. The highs are very nice and detailed without being overpowering. They aren't quite at the level of the 6328's I really wanted, but they are about 1/8 the cost so there's that. This has to be one of the desktop audio bargains of the decade...now my wife and son both want a pair.

This site always ends up costing me money but I never regret it :).

Next stop...M2's. Might be 5 years, might be 10...but someday....

jblnut

badman
01-15-2016, 03:38 PM
Glad you're enjoying them JBLnut- how's the hiss level, and what are you hooking them up with? I am lucky enough to have a (earned by building amps, I'm not wealthy) McIntosh pre/pro (MX-121) which has balanced outs and should be perfect for playing with these. I'll have to use an adaptor with my old standby Motorola DCP-501 in the bedroom (also has pre-outs but RCA).

I'm looking forward to messing with these. I heard the 308s at reasonable levels at TI dome's lansing heritage awards, and was quite impressed. Astonished, really, is maybe a better word, 'cause they were superb, and I hear the 305s are even better (makes sense- the cheap enclosures are less of an issue when panels are smaller).

BMWCCA
01-15-2016, 04:38 PM
how's the hiss level, and what are you hooking them up with?
I've never heard any hiss, even in a very quiet upstairs bedroom when trying to notice.
I run them directly off a Crown PSL2 pre-amp with unbalanced lines in a normal listening position—not as near-field monitors. Source usually a Denon CD player.

jblnut
01-15-2016, 11:09 PM
I get a little hiss but I can't hear it unless I get within a foot of them. They are running off my computer (Realtek HD Audio) and the fans mask any hiss in the room.

I did some gaming tonight and I can hear my friend's talking better than I ever have. The clarity is amazing.

jblnut

badman
01-16-2016, 01:07 AM
Thanks guys. I'm looking forwrad to my own pair :)

audiomagnate
01-16-2016, 01:53 AM
I'm looking at a picture of the inputs. Will they take an unbalanced input? A pair of these (or the 308's) and a Chromecast Audio/BubblUPnP would make a killer 24 bit capable mini system, if they take an unbalanced input.

BMWCCA
01-16-2016, 05:30 AM
I'm looking at a picture of the inputs. Will they take an unbalanced input? Sure. I just run RCA out from my pre-amp and use RCA-to-1/4-inch adapters into the 1/4-inch jack just like I do with all my amps. You could just as easily convert RCA output to an XLR adapter into the XLR input. Everything works but of course they'll actually be unbalanced. Makes no difference over normal length runs.

Maybe that's what's keeping the world from snapping these up and thus resulted in such heavy discounts? Fine with me. What a bargain!

Yeah, the imaging is the first thing you'll notice. After that you'll just enjoy playing them for their all-around performance.

badman
01-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Mine hit the badshack yesterday- haven't plugged 'em in but for those hesitating to get the red ones on the cheap, I can confirm, they look pretty darn snazzy.

martin2395
01-22-2016, 04:11 PM
If we only had those red ones in the EU....

audiomagnate
01-25-2016, 10:39 AM
Mine hit the badshack yesterday- haven't plugged 'em in but for those hesitating to get the red ones on the cheap, I can confirm, they look pretty darn snazzy.

Can you post a pic? The on line photos look fake/colorized.

badman
01-26-2016, 11:27 AM
I'll post a pic tonight- but they are really quite bright.69566

badman
01-26-2016, 07:47 PM
pic added

BMWCCA
01-26-2016, 08:45 PM
I was just about the pull the trigger on another pair of these for no good reason, but I checked and they seem to be all gone.

Thank you! :thmbsup:

bubbleboy76
01-27-2016, 12:05 PM
I want the white special edition version as surrounds, but can not find it to buy.

L.H. Nick
01-27-2016, 11:38 PM
For those taking the LSR 305 plunge, I say congrats! I wrote a highly favorable review of them in this thread a few years back. Nothing has changed my opinion of them. I still find them to be excellent near field monitors run directly from my ASUS audio card.

Actually, that's not quite correct. I took the plunge and purchased the companion LSR 310 subwoofer. Now my ASUS audio card goes into the LSR 310 and the LSR 305s plug into the LSR 310. If you enjoy your LSR 305s and your budget can stretch to affording the LSR 310, I recommend picking up the LSR 310 as well.

The LSR 310 integrates tightly with the LSR 305. On the back of your 305s you have a volume control. Just make sure the volume control on your 310 matches the setting you have on your 305s and you'll have flat output. Indeed, the volume control on the 310 can be used like the old Quad "tilt" control: turn it down a notch or two to brighten the overall sound, or turn it up a notch or two to enrich the sound. I typically leave it at the same setting as on my 305s, but I find it works much better as a "loudness" control than any "loudness" control I've had on a preamp.

You can also switch the 310 to the "XLF" setting. This cuts ultimate low bass but boosts the 60Hz or so range by about 10db (!). With this setting engaged, forget about any pretense of "flat" response, however it can be a fun place to visit from time to time.

One other nit: the LSR 310 must be turned on for signal to be passed to the LSR 305s.

With the above in mind, when the LSR 310 is set to match the LSR 305s it makes a noticeable difference in the sound. My main reservation about the stand alone 305s was the absence of deep bass. While this could be an advantage in not annoying the neighbors, it also diminished the impact of some recordings. The 310 nicely fills in this gap in the bass. In my room I do not get 20Hz bass, but I do get a nice extension down to 40Hz or so. I've heard tighter bass from far more expensive speakers, but this is still very satisfying. This is very much an incremental improvement over the stand alone 305s, however, having purchased the 310 I in no way regret the money spent. I typically listen at modest output levels and very much appreciate the enhanced bass. However, from time to time I can crank up the volume and the 310 never falls apart, instead delivering room (or at least den) shaking bass. Think of the 305s as a nice cake, and the 310 as the icing on the cake. Together they make a heck of a combination.

Perhaps the most perplexing issue with the 310 is where to put the thing. Again, I'm coming from my perspective of using it in a 10' x 12' den. I tried it under my desk. I tried it back behind my chair. I found the best place in my room to be a few feet off to the side of my desk. I've oriented it so the rear faces me allowing easy access to the settings and connections, however this is a major hit on WAF. Oh well, it's MY den. Despite the asymmetrical physical placement, there is no acoustic penalty. Bass notes are anchored to the locations of the 305s and not the location of the 310. Indeed, I often hear bass apparently coming from the opposite side of the room where the 310 is located.

All in all, the LSR 310 is a nifty product. It's possible to be perfectly happy with your LSR 305s, but if you add the LSR 310 to the mix I doubt you'll be less than pleased with the addition.

badman
01-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Well, initial evaluation was very good- these do sound really nice and do a lot of things well. They don't keep up with the clarity or dynamics of my big setup, but they darned well better not! I'll be spending some time with these little guys, right now they're on stands in front of my normal mains.

SEAWOLF97
02-13-2016, 10:17 AM
I bought a pair of the powered LSR305s on a whim after TD's 308 experience and 4313B's recommendation. I pulled the trigger when I found them for $125 each and couldn't be happier. I have them in a room with everything from L7 and L5s to 4412A and L96s. They sound great. They image better than the Pro-III-Plus system and I can play them direct from a CD player or pre-amp and the little amped guys sound like the bigger boys. I find I'm using them as monitors during recording and transfer, as well as just for fun, more than anything else in the room since I don't have to fire up a Crown PS amp just to hear the Pro-IIIs.

I mention this now because there seem to be a Special Edition version of these out there in bright red (really bright) and Guitar Center has them on sale while they last for just $99 each, including shipping. Please, please, buy them out and make them go away before I do something irrational and buy another pair I don't need. This is a fantastic deal on a speaker that's an amazing value at twice the price . . . if you love red, or close your eyes when listening.
:bouncy:

interesting :blink: comments from 305 buyers:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/JBL/LSR305-5-Inch-Two-Way-Bi-Amplified-Studio-Monitor-Limited-Edition-RED-1438023225126.gc?source=4XBACR

I'm using these monitors for a small home studio to mix tracks for my band. They work well, the audio is nice and flat, and very crisp and clear. My only con is they are a bit quiet.

One thing I noticed about these specific model of speakers (RED) is the different construct or external design compared to the standard (Black) speakers. This can't be proven to hinder the sound quality or the internal components, but the speakers look like they were put together on an assembly line. The build quality compared to the JBL LSR2325s has definitely been toned down to feel 'cheaply' built. I love JBL and the sound of their speakers, but I'm hoping I didn't spend money on some throw away recycled parts. More because of the fact that I'm looking for a long period of use with these.

I didn't know what to expect, but this thing makes me think twice about JBL.. I normally use Bose! Sometimes the limiter clips the sound but never really is noticeable just don't turn it maxxx!

Had these for a week now, I am very pleased with my purchase, I was debating on these and the KRK rock it but I choose these after my Pastor bought them he called me over to check them out, I was sold

They work well, the audio is nice and flat, and very crisp and clear. My only con is they are a bit quiet. Granted, I do not need them to be very loud for what I'm doing

Great sounding speakers with questionable build quality.

L.H. Nick
02-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Another 100+ comments from LSR 305 buyers

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR305/reviews

Oh, and a few more from LSR 310 buyers:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR310S/reviews
(http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR305/reviews)

Aculous
02-16-2016, 08:22 AM
interesting :blink: comments from 305 buyers:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/JBL/LSR305-5-Inch-Two-Way-Bi-Amplified-Studio-Monitor-Limited-Edition-RED-1438023225126.gc?source=4XBACR

I'm using these monitors for a small home studio to mix tracks for my band. They work well, the audio is nice and flat, and very crisp and clear. My only con is they are a bit quiet.

One thing I noticed about these specific model of speakers (RED) is the different construct or external design compared to the standard (Black) speakers. This can't be proven to hinder the sound quality or the internal components, but the speakers look like they were put together on an assembly line. The build quality compared to the JBL LSR2325s has definitely been toned down to feel 'cheaply' built. I love JBL and the sound of their speakers, but I'm hoping I didn't spend money on some throw away recycled parts. More because of the fact that I'm looking for a long period of use with these.

I didn't know what to expect, but this thing makes me think twice about JBL.. I normally use Bose! Sometimes the limiter clips the sound but never really is noticeable just don't turn it maxxx!

Had these for a week now, I am very pleased with my purchase, I was debating on these and the KRK rock it but I choose these after my Pastor bought them he called me over to check them out, I was sold

They work well, the audio is nice and flat, and very crisp and clear. My only con is they are a bit quiet. Granted, I do not need them to be very loud for what I'm doing

Great sounding speakers with questionable build quality.

Caveat: I own the LSR308s not the 5s.

Are you using them with a +4dB pro audio input or -10dB consumer? I am having similar issues with them being on the quiet side but am going to try mine on a focusrite or presonus audio interface and see if it changes thing.

I was also a little disappointed with build quality but only on the finish front, the cut outs on the LED for example still have the rough shavings on it, to clean it out I would have to use an xacto knife...not really a complaint does nothing to effect sound quality but I was a little surprised.

badman
02-16-2016, 09:57 AM
I think the concerns over build quality are pushing it a bit- yeah, they could be better, but considering the pricepoint, I think they're perfectly OK. There are a couple reliability complaints out there but keep in mind- not every happy customer writes a review, but just about every unhappy one does. The 3 series doesn't appear to have widespread reliability issues.

bubbleboy76
02-29-2016, 03:12 AM
Finally, I ordered a pair of LSR305!

Will try them as surround speakers.

If I like them, I will probably get another pair.

The noise issue, could it possibly be DIY tweaked with some resistor, lowering the sensitivity a bit?
But I guess it will be no problem for me, I have 2m distance from the top of the back-wall to the sofa.

bubbleboy76
03-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Anyone tried the LSR subwoofer? Sounds good?

BMWCCA
03-25-2016, 04:07 PM
The noise issue, could it possibly be DIY tweaked with some resistor, lowering the sensitivity a bit?
But I guess it will be no problem for me, I have 2m distance from the top of the back-wall to the sofa.
I only saw the noise complaints from LSR308 owners, not the 305. I could be wrong. Mine are fine.

badman
03-25-2016, 05:03 PM
No noise issues on my 305s besides the noise in the back of my mind "Why did you buy more speakers dingus?"

BMWCCA
03-26-2016, 12:10 AM
No noise issues on my 305s besides the noise in the back of my mind "Why did you buy more speakers dingus?"
I got over that within minutes of plugging them in the first time!

bubbleboy76
05-07-2016, 11:30 PM
I just pulled the trigger on 3 more LSR305 and dual LSR310s subwoofers, for a 5.2 home cinema setup.

I just love the LSR305. It sounds way too good for its price.

martin_wu99
05-10-2016, 03:49 AM
I just pulled the trigger on 3 more LSR305 and dual LSR310s subwoofers, for a 5.2 home cinema setup.

I just love the LSR305. It sounds way too good for its price.
Have you ever heard LSR708i?how about it?:confused:

bubbleboy76
05-11-2016, 02:21 AM
Have you ever heard LSR708i?how about it?:confused:

No, I have not. But I guess it is very good :)
It looks to be more of a "real" speaker, with compression driver.

BMWCCA
09-21-2016, 06:20 PM
I want the white special edition version as surrounds, but can not find it to buy.
Musician's Friend currently listing the Special Edition White versions for $120/each including free shipping.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-lsr305-wh-5-powered-studio-monitor--limited-edition-white?rNtt=lsr305&index=1#productDetail

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/V38AAOSwOVpXftjR/s-l1600.jpg

BMWCCA
01-05-2018, 08:06 PM
In case any of you need another push to add a pair of these to your JBL collection:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/JBL/LSR305-5-Powered-Studio-Monitor-1371656243395.gc?source=4TP8A5BB&mscr=2097121_70214

MassDrop also has their piano black version cheap, too.

turnitdown
01-06-2018, 02:12 PM
I went to the site last night and they listed that they no longer carry the item. Today it says, "call for price." Haha Did y'all buy them all?

turnitdown
01-06-2018, 02:13 PM
I missed the half price Studio 590s...TWICE.

BMWCCA
01-06-2018, 06:06 PM
I had no issue putting two in the basket and proceeding all the way to the checkout. I didn't complete it but it never told me they weren't available. I already have two pair!

This is probably a better deal anyway, as long as you like piano-black, but hurry! Only hours left:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-jbl-lsr30x-powered-speakers

pos
01-09-2018, 09:35 AM
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/3-series-mkii/

For MkII, JBL refined the low frequency transducers for greater linearity and lower harmonic distortion and fine-tuned ferrofluid damping in the high frequency transducers for faster transient response.
The 3 Series MkII offers more control to tailor the sound to meet the sonic characteristics of individual studio environments or personal preferences. A new Boundary EQ setting attenuates the low-end boost that can occur when monitors are positioned directly on the desktop or near walls, plus a 3-position HF Trim switch allows users to adjust the high-frequency response.

The new LSR306P is intriguing because its crossover is in the 1400Hz area whereas the LSR305P and LSR308P are around 1700/1800Hz.

martin_wu99
01-13-2018, 10:48 PM
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/3-series-mkii/

The new LSR306P is intriguing because its crossover is in the 1400Hz area whereas the LSR305P and LSR308P are around 1700/1800Hz.

Is LSR306P better than LSR305P and LSR308P?:confused:

Ed Zeppeli
01-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Is LSR306P better than LSR305P and LSR308P?:confused:

Yes. It's 1 better than the 305P but a clean deuce worse than the 308 I'm afraid.

srm51555
03-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Has anybody had a chance to listen to the new Mk versions. I have read what is new from the link Thomas has posted but was wondering if any member has listened to or purchased them yet. Mainly is the new MKII a lower cost version or is it really an improvement.

Thanks,
Scott

BMWCCA
03-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Looking at the specs, it seems odd that the 306 uses the same amps as the 308. It also seems (to me) that the only significant difference between the 305, 306, and 308 is not the bass extension but the slight increase in maximum sound pressure available as you go larger. It implies that if you have enough volume in your room/studio from the 305 you might just be wasting money as you move up the range. :dont-know:

CoolChris
05-31-2019, 12:50 AM
Those speakers look like very good engineering: great value at low cost.
I hope this new waveguide technology will appear in other series as well (installation series for example) so that it can be get as a part.

JBL LSR305 is made from high-quality materials with top-notch engineering. Each monitor has a classy and cool design that will look great in any house theme or decorations.

https://homestudiomaven.com/studio-monitors/jbl-lsr305-vs-krk-rokit-5-g3

turnitdown
05-31-2019, 01:50 PM
I'm looking at the LSWR308s again and have to wonder why the newer version (JBL 308P MkII) is cheaper. Anyone?

Robh3606
05-31-2019, 05:45 PM
No idea they are on sale for $100 off retail! So I bit the bullet. They added a boundary control upgraded the drivers an I guess dropped the price!!??

turnitdown
05-31-2019, 08:25 PM
Let me know what you think. JBL has made it confusing with the LSR 308 and 308P

DES-1
06-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Let me know what you think. JBL has made it confusing with the LSR 308 and 308P

The LSR is discontinued and the mark II is the replacement, the next generation. Same thing happened with the 5" series. If your hellbent on the LSR maybe you can find some new old stock.

If anyone wants a lightly used pair of red LSR305's I might upgrade.