PDA

View Full Version : JBL 240ti placement questions/thoughts

bigyank
07-24-2013, 10:45 AM
I have been living with my newly rehabbed 240ti's which had the mid/woofers reconed by our member edgewound. My room they are currently in is a but small I think to fully realize the potential of these speakers. I have them about 18" from the rear wall and 2 ft in from the corners and about 8 ft apart. Room is 12' wide x 16' deep. Trying to talk my wonderful wife into allowing me to swap the family room speakers out with these as they room is much larger.

So my question as the title states is what have all of you current owners use as a "baseline" for placement. I really like the 044ti tweeter as well. I feel the sound is very smooth and with certain material, the bottom end has a lot of "grunt" which would really open up I feel with additional placement options.

Mine were found with woofer frames covered in duct tape residue and mids which were completely pushed in. Amazingly the tweeters/screens look new. :D

Yank

svollmer
07-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Congratulations on a great set of speakers. I used to have a pair of them in the exact same size room with an 8 foot ceiling. Construction was drywall over 2x4 studs with wall to wall carpet. I never thought the room was too small for them, but I did add a little absorption at the first and rear reflection points and it helped tame some brightness (most likely the room, not the speakers). Also, my chair was up against the back wall so I wanted to eliminate the rear reflection.

When I took them up into the open living room, they really sang. So, my experience was they worked well in a smaller room, but even better in a biggger room.

Enjoy; and post some pictures!:applaud:

bigyank
07-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Here is a lousy pic using the last of my JBL Blue cloth (camera's flash makes the color wrong) I got from Zilch (RIP). I have the grill badges on the bottom. All I got to do is flip them but for now they are fine like this.