PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this?

Jbl ti 250
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
If this is a scam would the prices not be more realistic? This just seems odd to me?
What am i missing?:confused:

http://www.hifisellnbuy.com/index.php?main_page=products_all

NickH
06-19-2013, 05:16 PM
On the second page there's a marantz 10b for 999. That does seem a bit cheap. I though they usually went for a couple grand.

Or there's some really good deals on mac tube amps on there then.

Mr. Widget
06-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Gotta be bogus... everything is too inexpensive.

Widget

SEAWOLF97
06-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Gotta be bogus... everything is too inexpensive.

Widget

guess that somebody in Tucson could check it out, instead of surmising. :dont-know:

Hifi Sell & Buy
Adress: 4119 S 6th Ave
Tucson, AZ 85714
United Stated
Phone : (520) 432-0037

Mr. Widget
06-19-2013, 08:53 PM
guess that somebody in Tucson could check it out, instead of surmising. :dont-know:

Hifi Sell & Buy
Adress: 4119 S 6th Ave
Tucson, AZ 85714
United Stated
Phone : (520) 432-0037They could indeed. :)

Widget

Jbl ti 250
06-20-2013, 02:11 AM
If not a scam i would imagine that atleast thoose 1,2 kw Mcintosh could have a place in my livingroom.....
but serously:blink: with a pricetag like that i expect that i just as well could throw the money in the garbish:crying:

Fort Knox
06-20-2013, 03:22 AM
I don't know if you guy are just freeze dryed
or doin hard time, but the whole country
is a rummage sale right now ..w/the economy
in shambles.so .price to sell:p

hjames
06-20-2013, 04:43 AM

C'mon, use your head!
Doesn't a new in box 6 channel x200w MacIntosh amp for under $2k seem just a LITTLE suspicious to you?

Mulder always said "I want to believe ..."
But just like the White Van scams, you can't cheat an honest man -
If its too good to be true, there may be a reason for that!

McIntosh MC-207 power amplifier (7 channel x 200 watts)

Units in Stock: 1

McIntosh MC 207 multi channel power amplifier. Store demo never been sold or stored.
You will be the first owner, all warranty paperwork included, original packing, box, accessories,
manual, all complete as if factory new. Condition is excellent.

$1,909.00

http://www.hifisellnbuy.com/images/mc.JPG

USED ones on ebay are closing in on $4k

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_fln=1&LH_Complete=1&_itemId=130332820825&_kw=McIntosh+MC207+Amplifier

SEAWOLF97
06-20-2013, 07:51 AM

FK ain't joking. Maybe those on the East Coast or big cities are OK, but generally things in other areas aren't.

Many times I price things at cost+percent and disregard market values. Depends on how much inventory you have , and how many bills are stacking up ... unpaid.

Don't be so quick to call SCAM and act like a pack of wolves. Surely there is a LHF member in Tuscon who could check it out.

There is a Discovery Channel show about house flipping in Phoenix. Looks like a lot of people walking away from their homes and banks are auctioning them at what we could consider bargains.

But just like the White Van scams, you can't cheat an honest man -
If its too good to be true, there may be a reason for that!

are you implying that paying a business's asking price is dishonest ?

hjames
06-20-2013, 09:01 AM
are you implying that paying a business's asking price is dishonest ?

That's not at all what I said:

"But just like the White Van scams, you can't cheat an honest man -
If its too good to be true, there may be a reason for that!"

What that SAID was that if you buy something well below the market price,
you should expect there to be some kind of a catch ...
Open your eyes and shop carefully!

The White Van scam works because they IMPLY that its stolen gear and
the would be buyer agrees to buy what may be stolen gear 'cause its cheap - his greed kicks in -
and only later finds out its a BS sound-a-like brand that really DOES have no real value.

But honestly, we spend so much energy debating this kind of BS on the site -
really, if you want it, go buy it - you are an adult with your own budget.

Go SCORE on this thing!

speakerdave
06-20-2013, 10:04 AM
All the photos seem to have been taken in different places.

speakerdave
06-20-2013, 10:19 AM
The address as a car audio shop.

The phone numbers also belong to that business.

I see several possible explanatory narratives.

Mr. Widget
06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
in shambles.so .price to sell:pNot in my corner of the country. Our business is doing really well and based on increased rush hour traffic, it would seem a lot of people are going back to work again. Traffic was pretty pleasant for the past couple of years. Oh well... a small price to pay.

Anecdotally there are several areas around the country that are booming again. Even stodgy old Ben Bernanke seems to think times are changing...

Widget

SEAWOLF97
06-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Maybe those on the East Coast or big cities are OK, but generally things in other areas aren't.?

Not in my corner of the country.

Widget

big city ? (see first quote)

as long as this morphed off in the state of the economy...

Detroit is about to declare bankruptcy
teachers are being laid off all over
Police & FD are being cut back
$4+ gas is restarting inflation
China & Europe's economies can drag us down
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/20/us-economy-global-idUSBRE95J0CX20130620

I don't really think that sales of expensive audio gear is a valid
economic indicator.

Guy in WNY
06-20-2013, 11:19 AM
I am a ham radio guy also. At any hamfest, you can look and find some guy getting rid of almost new gear at a dime on the dollar, most times. These deals get scooped right up. It's really not uncommon at all. Out with the old, in with the new. Some folks just don't have the room to store all the stuff they have and just want to move it on down the line.:applaud::bouncy:

hjames
06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
I am a ham radio guy also. At any hamfest, you can look and find some guy getting rid of almost new gear at a dime on the dollar, most times. These deals get scooped right up. It's really not uncommon at all. Out with the old, in with the new. Some folks just don't have the room to store all the stuff they have and just want to move it on down the line.:applaud::bouncy:

I'd still be leary of buying pricey gear unless I could actually lay hands on it beforehand.
$1909 is a lot to trust to a stranger ...

Mr. Widget
06-20-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure if those are all for real, someone with deeper pockets will snag it all and double their money fairly quickly.

Widget

Fort Knox
06-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I Do have a WHITE VAN

hjames
06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I Do have a WHITE VAN

Oh no, Oh no no ...

he he he - :banana:

SEAWOLF97
06-20-2013, 04:50 PM
On the second page there's a marantz 10b for 999. That does seem a bit cheap. I though they usually went for a couple grand.

maybe it was 999, but not now.
around here you can't give away FM tuners.

The Legendary Marantz 10b Fm tuner Near Mint (http://www.hifisellnbuy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_4&products_id=22)
Model:
$1,699.00

reading the site, it APPEARS to be a non-native English speaker (between syntax & spelling) and maybe he has a good source for the gear ....would really like to see an LHF member who is close go and check it out, tho I'm not personally in the market for any MAC gear.

Jbl ti 250
06-20-2013, 08:47 PM
The listing have changed for the Mcintosh 1,2 as well:blink: now it is 2208$ and i believe the previus price was in the 11-1200 region a piece.

speakerdave
06-20-2013, 10:32 PM
This reminds me of the story Farley Mowat tells of setting up an observation post to watch a wolf family around their den and later discovering that they had situated themselves on a ridge behind him and were watching him.

grumpy
06-21-2013, 07:52 AM
LOL... that's pretty much what I was thinking :)

Fort Knox
06-21-2013, 08:19 AM
This reminds me of the story Farley Mowat tells of setting up an observation post to watch a wolf family around their den and later discovering that they had situated themselves on a ridge behind him and were watching him.

I'll have to agree w/his views On what's become of FM