PDA

View Full Version : LE111H distortion

cookl09
06-17-2013, 11:45 AM
I refoamed these (L110) when I purchased them last year. I started getting some distortion in one during certain segments of a couple songs (some of them quieter acoustic songs) at louder volume. Distortion comes from center of cone. I centered the voice coils when I refoamed. Any ideas?

hjames
06-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I refoamed these (L110) when I purchased them last year. I started getting some distortion in one during certain segments of a couple songs (some of them quieter acoustic songs) at louder volume. Distortion comes from center of cone. I centered the voice coils when I refoamed. Any ideas?

Pictures or it doesn't exist!
Really - too many variables otherwise ...

Show us what they look like ...

cookl09
06-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Pictures? Doesn't exist? Looks like a normal speaker just like the other one.

WDJ
06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Pull the speaker out of the case and see if the wiring from the connections to where it disappears inside the speaker could be making contact with the cone. That would explain your comment that it comes from the center. But so would a scraping voice coil......and some speakers used foam that deteriorates (just like the surrounds do) as a filter in the back of the speaker and that can cause some nasty sounds too. While the speaker is out, try moving it GENTLY using your fingers. Don't push on the dome, push straight in with your fingers at the intersection of the dome and cone.