PDA

View Full Version : what is the value on my Vintage JBL speakers?

Magic Ads
06-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi, I have these JBL speakers that I was gifted about 20 years ago. the speakers came from Laguna Niguel / Laguna Hills area of California. The research I uncovered leads me to be leave they are some dealer assembled all original JBL c35 reflex enclosures with JBL signature series components (approx 1960) and with "WAX SEALS INTACT". The ones I have found online as a comparison have only one crossover (N1200) and or just two drivers, my speakers have three drivers, horn extension, two crossovers (N12000 & (N7000). They sound beautiful and are in really good shape, have yet to find a speaker to produce this clear beautiful music these speakers do. I wanted to know what they REALLY are worth.

HCSGuy
06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Can't really say until we see what they go for on ebay. My 2 cents is somewhere between $1,500-2k. However, they are probably worth just as much if you pull the drivers and crossovers, sell those on ebay (they're easier to package & ship), and chuck the enclosures. Very few people want the enclosures, and shipping on complete speakers is prohibitive.