PDA

View Full Version : How to add a tweeter 2405h to a full range system SR4738

polac31
05-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Hello, please could you tell me the most simple way to add a tweeter 2405H to my full range system sr4738. Its possible ?? I dont want to change nothing in the original crossover. I know nothing about electronics but i read that you can put a filter in the tweeter and put in parallel with the driver (2426H). Is that correct? What specifications must have the filter ? thank you very much for the help !!! Polac31

Mr. Widget
05-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Hello, please could you tell me the most simple way to add a tweeter 2405H to my full range system sr4738. Its possible ?? I dont want to change nothing in the original crossover. I know nothing about electronics but i read that you can put a filter in the tweeter and put in parallel with the driver (2426H). Is that correct? What specifications must have the filter ? thank you very much for the help !!! Polac31The simplest way is to put a 1u cap in series with the tweeter... The best way is more complicated than that. ;)

Widget

more10
05-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Why do you want a supertweeter? The horn/driver combo should reach at least 15 kHz. Putting in a supertweeter that is not aligned with the horn will cause comb filtering.

I have tried a supertweeter above a 2370 and measurements showed comb filtering so I took it away.

A forum member here said that using a supertweeter above a 2370 is needed only if you want to sterilize teenage bats :-)

Mr. Widget
05-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Why do you want a supertweeter? The horn/driver combo should reach at least 15 kHz. Putting in a supertweeter that is not aligned with the horn will cause comb filtering.

I have tried a supertweeter above a 2370 and measurements showed comb filtering so I took it away. While you are correct, every one of these systems with a supertweeter, even the Everest II has comb filtering... and yes, it looks terrible on a graph. Doesn't sound terrible though. ;)

I would never simply tack on a supertweeter with a single cap myself, but many have and many seem to like it. A properly integrated supertweeter can be a very big improvement... comb filtering and all.

Widget

polac31
05-20-2013, 05:39 AM

I have tried a supertweeter above a 2370 and measurements showed comb filtering so I took it away.

A forum member here said that using a supertweeter above a 2370 is needed only if you want to sterilize teenage bats :-)

Thanks, i wanted to try as it sounds. Also I have a 4343 4-way with driver 1 "and a tweeter 2405 and is doing very well then wanted to try with the same settings, not if it improved the sound but wanted to test.

Thanks for your answer !!

polac31
05-20-2013, 05:41 AM

While you are correct, every one of these systems with a supertweeter, even the Everest II has comb filtering... and yes, it looks terrible on a graph. Doesn't sound terrible though. ;)

I would never simply tack on a supertweeter with a single cap myself, but many have and many seem to like it. A properly integrated supertweeter can be a very big improvement... comb filtering and all.

Widget

Widget, Thank you very much, we will test and discuss the results