PDA

View Full Version : in memory of Rolf.

barolo
05-05-2013, 01:11 AM
13.30 this Friday, I received a sad news. my brother Rolf, was dead. Assuming he slipped and fell down the stairs and broke his neck. I write this here because I know he has many friends here. Also after the visit in the United States last summer.
we have lost a good friend and knowledgeable hi-fi enthusiast.it is hoped that there is much good music where he is ne played over the equipment he always dreamed of.
:nopity:
his brother. Runar (also longtime fi-fi enthusiast

Hoerninger
05-05-2013, 01:30 AM
... in silent sympathies, Peter.

yggdrasil
05-05-2013, 02:17 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

RIP.

Earl K
05-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Runar, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your brother . RIP Rolf.

<> Earl

grumpy
05-05-2013, 04:20 AM
A very enthusiastic, friendly, and vocal member with many friends here... I was able to meet him once... the experience will remain with me and others who were as fortunate, I'm sure.

Condolences and best regards,

-dave

hjames
05-05-2013, 04:50 AM
So very sorry to hear of your loss!
Rolf was much beloved here & had many friends!
We used to laugh and joke and have long conversations - he was quite a good guy.

He will be much missed!
RIP, dear Rolf.

we have lost a good friend and knowledgeable hi-fi enthusiast.
it is hoped that there is much good music where he is now played over the equipment he always dreamed of.
:nopity:
his brother. Runar (also longtime fi-fi enthusiast

Robh3606
05-05-2013, 07:01 AM
What can you say? I am so sorry to hear that. He will be missed here. My condolences to family and friends.

Rob:(

baldrick
05-05-2013, 07:26 AM
My condolences to you Runar and Your Family. I've talked to Rolf a couple of times and he was always fun to talk with and very helpful. RIP

NickH
05-05-2013, 07:33 AM
That is very sad. What a bad way to go. I'm sorry for you lose. I give my condolences to you and your family.

Nick

Titanium Dome
05-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Runar,

Sorry to hear this news. I spent a lot of time with Rolf during his visit to California and the USA. He very much enjoyed his time here, including the Lansing Heritage event and his stay at my home. Below is a picture of him by my front door. He is wearing the "I ♥ LA" hat I gave him for the person who came the farthest to the event. He got to meet Greg Timbers and drink many, many beers here, and our members Mark and Tony each took the time to show him around for a day. He had many good memories of these days.

I want you to know he was well taken care of, and he was very happy during this time. I have many funny stories about Rolf, but now is a time for reflection and appreciation for his life. Maybe he will see the person he loved and missed the most now.

We will toast our friend and your brother at the 2013 Lansing Heritage Awards at my place in June. I have one promise to him that I have to keep, so I will fulfill my pledge and post it in this thread when it is done.

Doug

Titanium Dome
05-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Here it is:

RedCoat23
05-05-2013, 10:02 AM
It is with much sadness that I read about Rolf. Though I never exchanged any conversations, I enjoyed reading his posts. They always served as a reminder of the year I spent living in Oslo, a panoramic country full of the friendliest of people.
On a such a beautiful day full of sunshine and blue skies in the traditionally grey drizzle of the pacific northwest, I'm reminded of the impermanence of life. How we must celebrate each and every moment, for they are so fleeting and all we have.

I wish you well on the next stage of your journey Rolf, I hope it is filled with as many wonders as this one.

Redcoat.

JuniorJBL
05-05-2013, 10:05 AM
I too was able to meet and talk with rolf and enjoyed his stories and banter. May he rest in peace, and my condolences to all his friends and family.

macaroonie
05-05-2013, 10:39 AM
How very sad. Rolf will be missed sorely. My sincere condolences Mac

cooky1257
05-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Sad news, I never had the pleasure of meeting him, my sympathy and condolences to his family.

Frank

Audiobeer
05-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Rolf was one of my Buddies here. This is very sad news.

jerry_rig
05-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Very sad indeed. I am sorry for your loss.

stony22
05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear this news, my condolences to you and the family. We all lost a brother :( but at least some of us had the pleasure of meeting him in person last year. He had a great time here and I had the pleasure of showing him a afternoon and evening at the california coast. I know he will get the a moment at this years event and a personal moment in all of our hearts as they go out to you and the family. RIP ROLF

JeffW
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I hate to hear this, I think I remember Rolf saying he was planning a trip to Colorado this year and was looking to rent an RV.

I remembered a pic of Grumpy's from last year's JBL gathering - Rolf with a Negra Modelo, a dark beer I buy now and then.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87335611@N06/7996082195/sizes/c/in/set-72157631558080836/

Condolences to his family, I'll have a Negra Modelo to his memory tonight.

oldsoundz
05-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Farewell Rolf. We will miss you.

Mr. Widget
05-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Runar, thank you for sharing this sad news... it is quite a shock. This place will certainly miss his presence.

RIP Rolf.

Widget

barolo
05-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.
The funeral will be Tuesday 14th May. Me and his daughter Helene, has promised to play Ocean Gipsy of renaissance and an old Irish folk song, Bonnie Portmore. Sung by Lorenna mckennıt. Music was a big part of his life, so I hope this will be a beautiful end of his life. Rolf has told us that at his death, he wanted to be cremated.
Thank you for all you have given.

Runar

spkrman57
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
This is so unexpected.

He will be missed here!

Ron

Titanium Dome
05-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Rolf gave me his grandfather's smoking jacket as a token of gratitude when he came to the US last September. When I took him to the Whale and Ale in San Pedro, he flirted with the waitress to the point where I had to calm him down a bit. He took a picture of Sally and me at the pub, since she wouldn't take one with him. (Not sure where the picture got to.) At the same time, he asked if someday I'd take a picture in the pub with the smoking jacket on, and I said I would. So today was the day. Unfortunately, Sally was sick, so it's just me.

Anyway...

Cheers, Rolf!

grumpy
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
:cheers: Cheers indeed.

RedCoat23
05-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Skål :cheers:

Krunchy
05-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Runar,
So sorry to hear of this sad news, I liked Rolf quite a bit, he had many friends/kindred spirits here, he will be greatly missed.
My condolences to you and your family :(

Fred

mech986
05-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Runar, so very sorry to hear of this news. My condolences to you and your family.

I also met Rolf at last year's event, he was very inquisitive and fun to be around. He had a genuine admiration for the people and gear, and was very jovial and friendly with all of us. I was so looking forward to seeing him again in the future. He will remain in our hearts forever.

Rest in peace Rolf, and may your music play on on JBL's.

Don McRitchie
05-13-2013, 09:12 PM
So sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family.

Don

Guido
05-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Runar, it is a big shock to hear this.

I had the pleasure to meet Rolf and his wife years ago here in Germany. He did pick up his dream speakers (JBL 4343). It was a wonderful time when I met them both.
My condolences to you and your family.

Doc Mark
05-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Hello, Rune,

I am totally shocked at this news!! Rolf and I had been talking a bit, about tons of interesting subjects, and my wife and I had a fine day with him before the big JBL event at TD's place. Rolf had asked me to send him an American flag, and I had gotten a nice one for him, and have been trying to reach him. Now, I know why he has not returned my emails. Though I do not have a flag pole tall enough to fly the particular flag Rolf asked me to buy for him, I wish I did!! We would fly that flag at half mast in honor of dear Rolf!! His heart was huge, and he as a good friend!! SB and I will miss him, and will always remember our day together last Summer. May God bless our Rolf, and grant him peace, comfort, and rest. Thank you, again, for sharing this news. My wife will be stunned to hear it.....

Sadly and with sincere condolences,
Mark and Cynthia (Doc Mark and Sweet Bride)

Doc Mark
05-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Rolf gave me his grandfather's smoking jacket as a token of gratitude when he came to the US last September. When I took him to the Whale and Ale in San Pedro, he flirted with the waitress to the point where I had to calm him down a bit. He took a picture of Sally and me at the pub, since she wouldn't take one with him. (Not sure where the picture got to.) At the same time, he asked if someday I'd take a picture in the pub with the smoking jacket on, and I said I would. So today was the day. Unfortunately, Sally was sick, so it's just me.

Anyway...

Cheers, Rolf!

Hi, TD, and All,

Great photo, Doug! Cynthia and I took Rolf to the Whale and Ale on the day and night we hosted him, and then, too, he flirted heavily with our waitress, even going back to look at her when she was at the bar in the back! Needless to say, I think Rolf was very lonely for feminine companionship, after his wife passed away. But, reading your comments about him when you took him to the same place, really got a smile from both Cynthia and I!! Cheers, indeed!!

Rolf and I at Bubba Gumps Restaurant, in Long Beach. I learned that Rolf could certainly drink more beer than I could, that day!! ;):D

RIP, Rolf, and know that your visit to the US left a nice impression on quite a few JBL folks! God Bless!

In remembrance,
Mark