PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Harvey (for teen bass playing inspiration)

grumpy
05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Fun article for bass players, and probably a few others :)

http://m.bassplayer.com/article/full-circle-360-degrees-of-the-acoustic-360/151441

svollmer
05-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Very cool article! Thanks Grumpy.

I've never had the chance to play with a bass player who had a good Acoustic amp/cabinet. The 360/361 looks awesome. The best setups I've had the fortune to play with were usually Ampeg (USA) SVT heads and 8x10's. I also once played with a guy in the 80's who used two 4560 cabinets, a Music Man Jazz-style bass, and Hiwatt heads. I don't know which model Hiwatt heads or what drivers he used in teh 4560s, but man was it smooth, low bass!

Today, most bass players and guitar players don't want to haul anything to the gigs anymore. Most show up with 1x12 combos or something dinky like that. I'm fortunate that our two guitar players at least show up with 1/2 stacks and our bass player uses an SVT. But, I'm mentally stuck in the 70's and 80's where any band worth their salt had wall-to-wall cabinets across the stage! :applaud:

Tim Rinkerman
05-02-2013, 10:45 AM
I am an old Acoustic addict, I currently own a 370 with a pair of 301 cabinets, George Grexa was very helpful in helping me restore them. A very personable guy, and definitely hell bent on advancing the Acoustic brand. The new Acoustic's have been on the road for over a year now and are getting rave reviews. I believe Flea from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers bought 6 of the first ones to use on tour..they are in the most recent pictures of the band.