PDA

View Full Version : L220 N220 Brand new networks in Box

Hans Bleeker
04-29-2013, 07:49 AM
I have laying around a set of L220 N220 Networks, NIB, would that still have any value, or should I use them for the parts? It hurts to THINK even about scrapping them, but due to the high copper price the inductors have a nice value already.

ratitifb
04-29-2013, 02:08 PM
but due to the high copper price the inductors have a nice value already.:skeptical:

hjames
04-29-2013, 03:11 PM
I have laying around a set of L220 N220 Networks, NIB, would that still have any value, or should I use them for the parts? It hurts to THINK even about scrapping them, but due to the high copper price the inductors have a nice value already.

What do they fit, and how much did you want for them?

From the images you posted, doesn't look like enough raw copper to choke a chicken with ...

Hans Bleeker
04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
What do they fit, and how much did you want for them?

From the images you posted, doesn't look like enough raw copper to choke a chicken with ...

Well i posted this because I have no clue, I just took a look at a Webshop for speaker parts, and I estimate that there's about 100-125 Euro's in parts on them.

So maybe 150 Euro's ?

NickH
04-29-2013, 03:48 PM

I seriously doubt you have much more then a kilo of copper there. Hardly worth the effort of unwinding the inductor to scrap them.

Don't scrap them. At the very least just put the inductors to use on a new speaker project. If you have too:D.

Just my 2 cents though.

Nick

Hans Bleeker
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Well, ment more if I have to buy the 2.5mH ones they are already 22 euro's a piece, so wasnt about bare copper price but more what the inductors cost nowdays.

HCSGuy
04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Throw them on Ebay and see what you can get for them. Unfortunately, no one is building L220 clones, as they just weren't that desireable. For a while, 220's and 222's were getting parted out regularly on Ebay as the tweeters were far more coveted than the rest of the speaker, and the cabinets were usually pretty rough. The odds of you finding someone who is willing to pay top dollar for crossovers to restore his 220's is remote. Put them on Ebay and maybe someone will find a use for them.

NickH
04-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Well, ment more if I have to buy the 2.5mH ones they are already 22 euro's a piece, so wasnt about bare copper price but more what the inductors cost nowdays.

Ok I gottcha. A misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that.