PDA

View Full Version : thanx Amazon

SEAWOLF97
04-07-2013, 11:19 AM
i upgraded OS's last week and during rebuilding, revived an email acct that had been forgotten. Brought it up and there was an email from Amazon.
"You have MP3's ready for download" ...followed the link and there were music files for all LP's that I'd bought for the last 5 years or so.

Gave it a shot, heck it's free ...although they may not be FLACS , the quality of the MP3's was really very good. Kind of a nice, unexpected bonus.

(on the "Wish You Were Here" , 2011 re-re-re-mastered album there was a note inside where I can download the album in FLACS , as I remember ..haven't done it yet)

BMWCCA
04-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I also like the fact that if I order a CD from them, I can listen to it almost immediately in my Cloud Player while I wait for the CD, and usually that's no more expensive than the MP3 download by itself. A no-brainer for me, plus I can listen to the entire Cloud Player library through Bluetooth audio from my phone in any of the new cars at work. A very nice bonus for free. I was actually kind of disappointed that the new Joe Bonamassa CD An Acoustive Evening, Live from the Vienna Opera House wasn't available in The Cloud, but it's a fine recording anyway.

Krunchy
04-09-2013, 09:31 AM
I noticed this a while back as well, I order most of my music from amazon and notice the auto rip on the cd's. Cool feature but double check a couple of things. I may be mistaken but I think you can download a certain number of the songs and after a while (or a pre-set amount you have to pay for it???) I just recently started to buy a couple of mp3 songs, still prefer the actual cd but two of my recent purchases had the aouto rip thingy. I downloaded them and they sounded fine. The other thing of course is that when the cd's arrived it was almost a bit of a let down since I already had the music & listened to it. Classic Instant Gratification and all that, havent even opened the cd cases yet :D