PDA

View Full Version : Jbl le14a

Robbie4477
02-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Hello I need some advice, I have a set of L-45 Flair's with the S1 speaker system
the LE14As need to be Reconed but the LE14A kits are really few and expensive
i heard that I could put a LE14H cone in the LE14A basket and it would work fine and
deliver better bass and at a much lower price. In my mind the LE14A was a bit hard to get good bass at lower volume , you really had to push the power to get a nice result.

Thank you Robert Denmark

tomee
02-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Hello I need some advice, I have a set of L-45 Flair's with the S1 speaker system
the LE14As need to be Reconed but the LE14A kits are really few and expensive
i heard that I could put a LE14H cone in the LE14A basket and it would work fine and
deliver better bass and at a much lower price. In my mind the LE14A was a bit hard to get good bass at lower volume , you really had to push the power to get a nice result.

Thank you Robert Denmark

Are the cones in yours really shot? If you search here, you might find some discussion on this... LE14H recones should fit into an LE14A.

Another option is to buy a pair of LE14A that are in good condition but need the foam replaced.

Maron Horonzakz
02-28-2013, 07:03 AM
At lower volume,,The fletcher-Munson curve comes into play..And the bass appears to be weaker..

Robh3606
02-28-2013, 10:17 AM
In my mind the LE14A was a bit hard to get good bass at lower volume , you really had to push the power to get a nice result.

The lansplas White/Yellow surrounds get very stiff over time. That could also be part of the reason why you need some power to get bass out of them. Are they the black foam or Lansplas??

Rob:)

Robbie4477
03-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Hello they had Black rubber surrounds they seemed ok
but i found a JBL Shop in Sweeden to Recone them and the New Kits have foam Surrounds
so lets hope they sound better, but i am sure they will....

Thanks for All your help

Robert