PDA

View Full Version : Help needed on Ashly XR1001

ngccglp
01-26-2013, 04:15 AM
Hi,

i just bought a Ashly XR1001 to biamp my 4345. The XO freq is supposed to be 290 hz. The markings of the XO only has 200 and 400 hz, and two lines in between. The manual doesn't explain what each line markings mean. Does it mean that the 200 hz difference between the 200 and 400 hz markings are divided by 3? I.e. the first marking is around 270 hz and the second marking 340 hz? I also noticed the markings are not equally spaced out.

Thanks.

subwoof
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
it means that the area inbetween is appox. Variable crossovers like this cannot be used to accurately set crossover points without using an oscilloscope...:( the tolerances of the pots and all other components can be as much as 20%

the closest variable that is precise enough, and has detented settings, is the rane stereo 2 way models that have ganged controls.

sub

Mr. Widget
01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
The screen printing on the Ashly is not that precise and the slope is different from the JBL design, and then you have the knee adjustment control. Just stick it in the approximate zone and tune by ear or better yet MLS measurements. The numbers on the front panel are only rough indications if where you need to be.

Widget