PDA

View Full Version : From CES

MikeBrewster77
01-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Shitty YouTube videos: No longer the exclusive domain of drunken meth heads blowing up Pyle car subs and eBay merchants demonstrating the remarkably unexceptional sound of their mid-fi wares!

Behold, Harman itself has joined in on amateur hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYQGqKpDnk

Watch in amazement as the magnificent splendor of this $100K+ system is displayed for all the world to see via the technological marvel that is full 480p quality YouTube video!

The reviews are in:

"Stunning!"
- New York Times

"Breathtaking!"
- Consumer Reports

"Not for the faint of heart or those prone to motion sickness!"
- AARP Magazine

"I shit myself again!"
- Al Roker, Television Personality

"I heard of JBL - they make iPod docks"
- Man on the street, Arkansas

"The Devil's work"
- LDS News

Watch today! You simply must see it to believe it!

All kidding aside, nice as always to see them represented, and yes, I'd kill a man with my bare hands for that system.

hjames
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I like the Boz Scaggs track "Thanks to you" from Dig - that was one of the demo tracks
when the Harmin' trailer did a demo in Virginia last year ...
but them Yarbles yacking through the song are just annoying!

Shitty YouTube videos: No longer the exclusive domain of drunken meth heads blowing up Pyle car subs and eBay merchants demonstrating the remarkably unexceptional sound of their mid-fi wares!

Behold, Harman itself has joined in on amateur hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYQGqKpDnk

Watch in amazement as this magnificent splendor of this $100K+ system is displayed for all the world to see via the technological marvel that is full 480p quality YouTube video!

The reviews are in:

"Stunning!"
- New York Times

"Breathtaking!"
- Consumer Reports

"Not for the faint of heart or those prone to motion sickness!"
- AARP Magazine

"I shit myself again!"
- Al Roker, TV Personality

"I heard of JBL - they make iPod docks"
- Man on the street, Arkansas

"The Devil's work"
- LDS News

Watch today! You simply must see it to believe it!

All kidding aside, nice as always to see them represented, and yes, I'd kill a man with my bare hands for that system.

macaroonie
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Thats the marvel of Harman marketing , still selling beanzzzz

FWIW it was like that in the early 80's too. Beatrice foods have a LOT to answer for.

Mike F
01-10-2013, 10:52 PM
I like the Boz Scaggs track "Thanks to you" from Dig - that was one of the demo tracks
when the Harmin' trailer did a demo in Virginia last year ...
but them Yarbles yacking through the song are just annoying!

I like the entire disc, good stuff. Gives my 2235s a nice work out ;)

Dave_72
01-13-2013, 10:59 PM
I got to hear it in person. But, they had this one guy with the remote in his hand sitting on the couch with his significant other. So I couldn't get into the hot spot. Anyway, they looked very pleased, haha. :D

MikeBrewster77
01-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Ugh, and he probably got popcorn butter all smeared on the remote and left little kernels and bits all over the couch too. I hate those people - they're the worst!

4313B
01-14-2013, 06:14 AM
That was me and my wife dude... and you're just jealous because we didn't offer you any popcorn. It was gourmet with melt in your mouth kernels so - "look ma! no kernels!"

My wife hit that remote before and after with hand sanitizer. That's just how she is.

MikeBrewster77
01-14-2013, 06:36 AM
That was me and my wife dude... and you're just jealous because we didn't offer you any popcorn. It was gourmet with melt in your mouth kernels so - "look ma! no kernels!"
:rotfl:

My wife hit that remote before and after with hand sanitizer. That's just how she is.
So that explains the alcohol smell - I figured the demonstrators were hitting the bottle; I would if I had to listen to the same damned album over and over and over again.

Mr. Widget
01-14-2013, 11:28 AM
...I would if I had to listen to the same damned album over and over and over again.That would be painful. I don't know how these guys do it. Answer the same inane questions over and over, playing the same 90 seconds of this followed by that... they deserve hazard pay.

Widget

Dave_72
01-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Ugh, and he probably got popcorn butter all smeared on the remote and left little kernels and bits all over the couch too. I hate those people - they're the worst!

:lurk: haha. I don't recall popcorn being served, but he could have brought is own into the room.

Dave_72
01-14-2013, 11:39 AM

Oh ok! So how did you like the presentation!? :D

4313B
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Huh? What? :p

Dave_72
01-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Huh? What? :p

:rotfl: