PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Old Skills

FMcGregor
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I didn't see a dedicated "Introduce Yourself" thread, but this looked the likeliest candidate.

I have a strange history in audio. I got certified to recone/repair JBL products back in the seventies, and did that for about 25 years (in addition to Altec and EV products). I also owned a JBL Pro franachise and service center in the "Olden days" as well. Spent a lot of time in the Industrial and Sound Reinforcement areas too (and more).

I still have quite a few JBL documents relating to that time, and will get them out of storage if I can help anyone here.

This looks like a great community. I dropped in a few years ago, but didn't have time to participate then. Hope I can help now.

Fred

pathfindermwd
01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi Fred,

Welcome (back) to the forum. I look forward to you posts.:)

BMWCCA
01-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome, from a fellow Virginian!

frank23
01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Welcome, it's always good to have someone on board from the era some of the components were new.

hjames
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Welcome welcome - we're glad to have you here!

I didn't see a dedicated "Introduce Yourself" thread, but this looked the likeliest candidate.

I have a strange history in audio. I got certified to recone/repair JBL products back in the seventies, and did that for about 25 years (in addition to Altec and EV products). I also owned a JBL Pro franachise and service center in the "Olden days" as well. Spent a lot of time in the Industrial and Sound Reinforcement areas too (and more).

I still have quite a few JBL documents relating to that time, and will get them out of storage if I can help anyone here.

This looks like a great community. I dropped in a few years ago, but didn't have time to participate then. Hope I can help now.

Fred

Titanium Dome
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Hey there, Fred, welcome to Lansing Heritage.

I'm an old member with no skills, so you're already ahead of the game.

Can't wait to see some of your archival history. :)

MikeBrewster77
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
I too have a strange history in audio, though mine arguably involves absolutely no skill. :p

Welcome aboard!

FMcGregor
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I too have a strange history in audio, though mine arguably involves absolutely no skill. :p

Welcome aboard!

Thank you, and thanks to everyone who replied.

To the last couple of members that posted. Don't feel bad, I have lots of "no skills" too, Sadly, I also manage to demonstrate them often.

Fred