PDA

View Full Version : JBL SR4719A Subwoofer

sbjacob
11-21-2012, 11:51 PM
I just got one of these it is in very good condition for it age. I see on the manual that it uses +2 and -2 on the speakons it appears the +2 is going to the negative terminal (Green wire with black strip) on the woofer from the speakon and the negative to the positive (Green wire). I'm thinking someone removed the 2241H woofer and hooked them up reverse or I guess these could be reverse polarity stock from JBL. I also have noticed at high volume boosting any signal below 50Hz on with my Ashly EQ on series bass songs only I can hear a faint rattle noise in both woofer I'm also using a Behringer EP4000 in bridge mono to drive it so I could be over powering it as it's 2400 watts RMS 4 ohm 4000 peak?

subwoof
11-24-2012, 07:45 AM
make sure it's wired to the factory spec.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/SR-Series/SR4719A.pdf

18's lead a hard life and develop rattles when used by "dj's"....

like a rental car used by vacationing college students..:)

the 2241 was replaced by the 2242 for durability and power improvements.

sbjacob
11-25-2012, 11:31 AM
make sure it's wired to the factory spec.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/SR-Series/SR4719A.pdf

18's lead a hard life and develop rattles when used by "dj's"....

like a rental car used by vacationing college students..:)

the 2241 was replaced by the 2242 for durability and power improvements.
Thanks for your reply will the 2242's work in the SR4719A cabinets as I noticed there parameters are a little different?

sbjacob
11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks for your reply will the 2242's work in the SR4719A cabinets as I noticed there parameters are a little different?
Anyone what modifications need to be done to the SR4719A cabinet so the 2242HPL woofers will work ?

badman
11-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Anyone what modifications need to be done to the SR4719A cabinet so the 2242HPL woofers will work ?

download free winisd or other box software and model it, is the best way. Or bring 'em to my place- but you'll have to leave 'em here :)

sbjacob
12-02-2012, 01:43 PM
download free winisd or other box software and model it, is the best way. Or bring 'em to my place- but you'll have to leave 'em here :)
Well I talked to Evert at JBL he said they will work in the cabinets but would need some additional bracing .
He also helped me with the rattle it turns out it was the middle port coming undone from the baffle I also hot glued and screwed the supports inside and tightened the small orange JBL logo and no more rattle they sound perfect woofers are good.

louped garouv
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Well I talked to Evert at JBL he said they will work in the cabinets but would need some additional bracing .
He also helped me with the rattle it turns out it was the middle port coming undone from the baffle I also hot glued and screwed the supports inside and tightened the small orange JBL logo and no more rattle they sound perfect woofers are good.

great news, and good to know resolution strategy too!

badman
12-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Glad they're workin' for ya!

My own rig uses the equivalent of a pair of nice 18"s- an octet of isobaric 12"s :)

sbjacob
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Glad they're workin' for ya!

My own rig uses the equivalent of a pair of nice 18"s- an octet of isobaric 12"s :)
Yes I'm pretty excited about that I'm going to look around for another SR4719A cabinet seeing as I have 3 2241H woofers I can load them with so if anyone in Southern Ca. has a empty SR4719A cabinet they want to sell let me know.