PDA

View Full Version : best JBL 4" midrange and Ti dome tweeter

old-fashioned
11-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I hope I´ll get replies this time...

I´m wondering what is the best JBL 4" midrange and Ti dome tweeter until now. Any suggestions and measurement curves?
Is the 095Ti any good?

BR

Andreas

rdgrimes
11-19-2012, 02:47 PM
There are many choices, but by far the biggest difference is in the implementation of the driver, not the driver itself.

My personal favorite for mid is the 904ti

Titanium Dome
11-19-2012, 11:29 PM
There are many choices, but by far the biggest difference is in the implementation of the driver, not the driver itself.

My personal favorite for mid is the 904ti

Have to agree with rd, the 904Ti is my personal favorite.

old-fashioned
11-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi!

Is this Ti cone driver used at Revel, too?
I have compared the TiK series Ti cone midrange with the 104H-2.
Surprisingly the frequency response and distortion have been significantly better at the 104H-2.
What do you think of the 093Ti??? Xover >600Hz is no problem.

BR

Andreas

rdgrimes
11-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Repeating: its the implementation more than the driver.

The 904ti and derivatives have popped up in a variety of Harman-owned systems. We see them in 3-way configurations but also 4-way. Its fair to assume that (as does any driver) they benefit from a narrower range in the 4-way system. However they also do extremely well in 3-ways like the PT800 and related Revel systems. Dispersion and imaging are excellent. Specs don't tell you much about the sound of a driver.

I haven't heard an 093ti. Are those the ones from the XPL systems? Lots of fans around for those.

old-fashioned
11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Hmm! Normally there´s a good correlation between the measurement performance and the audible performance.
I´ve trained ears and very often recognize distortion easily... Especially K3 in the area around 2kHz.
It´s really hard to align all mechanical parts at such a "wok" cone midrange for low distortion and late break-up.
Are measurements of this midrange available?
Yes, I mean the XPL Ti dome midrange.

BR

Andreas