PDA

View Full Version : JBL 4312 Driver repair

dbeed
11-19-2012, 08:21 AM
:banghead:Hi, I have a pair of JBL 4312's and need help with what are probably basic issues..
1. Is it possible to repair faulty drivers i.e. coil faults. This is with reference to the high LE 25-2+ Mid LE 51-2 range?
2. If not are they available to purchase, or are they long discontinued?
If discontinued what is the best replacement?
Really hope you can help
Cheers

robertbartsch
11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
repair kits are probably long gone. e.bay is now your best friend.

robertbartsch
11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
original OEM drivers for these systems are often offered for sale, usually in pairs, on E-bay. As far as I know, that is your only good option for restoration at this time.

I bought my pair of 4312s in pieces on E-bay several years ago.

dbeed
11-20-2012, 04:22 AM
Thanks you for the response, I will keep my eyes open on ebay although I think these items will seldom come up in the UK..
As sacrilege as this next question may sound, are there any replacements other than JBL that you could recommend whilst I am waiting to locate original drivers?
:confused:
Cheers

ivica
11-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks you for the response, I will keep my eyes open on ebay although I think these items will seldom come up in the UK..
As sacrilege as this next question may sound, are there any replacements other than JBL that you could recommend whilst I am waiting to locate original drivers?
:confused:
Cheers
May be Beyma 5M30E or 5MP60 can be used instead of LE5,
but may be for HF and Beyma MC115 or Beyma T2010 instead LE25

regards
ivica

Mr. Widget
11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
If you can not find original replacement diaphragm kits and the drivers are sound with only damaged coils, a top flight repair facility can replace the coils with aftermarket coils.

Widget

dbeed
11-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Thank you Widget and Ivica I will pursue both of your options..

Widget would your recommendation be a costly to carry out? Any idea how much?

Regards dbeed :)

Mr. Widget
11-21-2012, 03:38 AM
Thank you Widget and Ivica I will pursue both of your options..

Widget would your recommendation be a costly to carry out? Any idea how much?

Regards dbeed :)It would depend on their labor rates, the parts would be rather inexpensive.

Widget