PDA

View Full Version : C60 Sovereign

Sixburgh
09-26-2012, 11:40 AM
hello i am new to this forum and having a great time poking around. I have some questions beyond my understaning. I have a nice pair of C60 Sovereign speakers. looking at the componets inside it looks as if it is a S7R speaker package. if I wanted to upgrade it to the S8R, is it as simple as adding the N7000 crossover and the 075 bullet tweeter to what is there now? if that is the case how is it wired from the LX5 crossover to the n7000 to run the bullet tweeter? thanks in advance for any helpful info.

HCSGuy
09-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately, it's not that easy. While the S8R's did ad the 075 and N7000 crossover, they did it because the larger 375 horn driver in the S8R package didn't go high enough. You could add the N7000 and 075 running off the High output of your existing crossover, but I can't say if the high frequencies will actually be better than what you have now. If you're considering the upgrade, start by looking for a clean pair of 375's on Ebay, or the pro equivalent 2440 or 2441 drivers, though it would be great if you also had the original 375/2440 diaphragms with the rolled surround instead of diamond.

I don't know the condition of your speakers, but if you have the original LE-15A woofers with the yellow Lansalloy surrounds, the surround has probably hardened and possible cracked. Either way, you'll get a huge sound upgrade by taking care of this - if they're hardened but still intact, you can use brake fluid to soften them up. If they're cracked, you may find someone who can refoam them, though they may need to be reconed, which is probably $300/woofer these days.

Post pictures!

Sixburgh
09-27-2012, 10:04 AM
thanks for all the info i will work on the photos!!!