PDA

View Full Version : Search problems for noob

Puddintane
09-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi all. I don't think I've ever posted here before, but I've lurked quite a bit. I have some questions/problems with the search function that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've been trying to find posts/info about JBL L40's. When I search for them here it brings back zero results. But if I search the site using Google it returns over 1400. What am I doing wrong, or what is the trick to get better (any?) results? Thanks in advance for the help.

BMWCCA
09-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Just use Google Advanced Search. The site search is, well, challenged. I know it can't handle keywords with less than 3-letters, and maybe it can't even handle 3, so "L7" is out and maybe "L40" is, too. Even "JBL" doesn't work. "4345" does! Google advanced gives you the ability to search by domain (Audioheritage.org) and just works. Use it.

And Welcome! :wave:

Puddintane
09-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Just use Google Advanced Search. The site search is, well, challenged. I know it can't handle keywords with less than 3-letters, and maybe it can't even handle 3, so "L7" is out and maybe "L40" is, too. Even "JBL" doesn't work. "4345" does! Google advanced gives you the ability to search by domain (Audioheritage.org) and just works. Use it.

And Welcome! :wave:

That's pretty much what I did at Google via the domain. In fact, you don't really even need to use advanced. At the regular search box just type: site:audioheritage.org followed by a space (after .org, or whatever domain you're searching--even Craigslist) and then your query, and that will do the job.

But thanks, and hello!