PDA

View Full Version : original Altec grey found

vernb
07-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Hey Guys
On amazon the other day I thought I found a book about altec, but it was really just this http://lansingheritage.org/html/altec/plans/1968-plans.htm
The interesting thing was that when it arrived the other day a large envelope came with it.
Inside were original building plans for Altec VOTT A2/A4 (H-210). I would like to make these available to the rest of the forum. How do I go about uploading this to the webmaster? They should be available under Altec plans in the library.

On the plans it says:

Finish - Dark grey instrument
Lacquer, fuller
TL-8998/T-7325

Could this be the original Altec grey colour for cabinets? It seems so to me.

Vernb

NickH
08-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Wow, now we need the same for all the other cabinets. Those plans are way better then what altec published.

Nick

vernb
08-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Yes indeed. And I could scan the paper in segments in very high quality. Just need to know where to send it to.
Vernb

daibse59
04-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Dear sir,

I'm searching the complete 210 cabinet plan an description of many parts constituting these boxes,
sell you a copy of this plan?
Thanks for your reply

Regards

Daniel

Lee in Montreal
04-24-2014, 12:12 PM
@ Dalbses59 - Have you tried Google? ;-)

http://www.the-planet.org/images/A210_plans.jpg

vernb
04-24-2014, 12:18 PM
But all the measurements are missing in this picture. I actually borrowed my (complete) plans with instructions for scanning to LH member Bart Vuijk, and thought he might post them online here for everyone? Bart would you please?
Best regards
Vern

Lee in Montreal
04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
But all the measurements are missing in this picture. I actually borrowed my (complete) plans with instructions for scanning to LH member Bart Vuijk, and thought he might post them online here for everyone? Bart would you please?
Best regards
Vern

Hi Vern. You are correct, the scan I posted is missing a few elements which are available separately on different scans. Your blueprint has them all. I only wanted to show dalbses that the info is already available and that simply googling "Altec 210" seems to bring all the elements.

Also, considering that today's music has more bass content (and way deeper) than what was available when the 210 was designed, I wouldn't hesitate to NOT follow the original bracing, BUT add more in order to get a stiffer cabinet that will not resonate and colour the sound. The classical exemple is the Altec A7 which is nothing more than a soapbox... ;-)