PDA

View Full Version : JBL L100 modern varaint ?

natal
07-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi guys !

I found these for sale here in Sweden and became insterested, but I cant find any reviews or technical info about them.

What can you guys tell me about them ? technical specs, require a good amp ?
http://www.hififorum.nu/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=53191

He wants around 950$ for them, is that a fair price ?

Thanks !

BMWCCA
07-13-2012, 10:23 PM
There's a bit of a thread on this series here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?8694-JBL-L-90

But they've never been offered in the US and there's not that much info or knowledge about them over here. :dont-know:

natal
07-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi, ok thanks for the link though, I got some info and specs =)

BMWCCA
07-15-2012, 07:44 AM
I was interested because the LF drivers used in the L90 and L100 in this series are used in the L7 and the mids seem similar. As I recall, complaints about them were related to the relative sound quality versus expectations based on the drivers, as well as criticism of the "plastic" laminate used in the cabinets? :dont-know:

natal
07-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Ok, Im not to familiar with the older jbl-speakers at all. I got JBL LS40 now and LS center for my home cinema and looking for another pair if speaker to just play music on.

Is there some models that I should look for more then anothers ? I want them to be floorstanders and play heavy metal and any other music too but espacially heavy metal, hard rock.

AmericanPie
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Those are nice looking speakers. Never heard of them before.

I also didn't realize JBL was manufacturing in Denmark; I thought when they left the U.S. they moved their production facilities to Japan.

rdgrimes
07-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Those are nice looking speakers. Never heard of them before.

I also didn't realize JBL was manufacturing in Denmark; I thought when they left the U.S. they moved their production facilities to Japan.

Check out the Ti10K series, there are several models. They come from the same place.