PDA

View Full Version : L112 refurb

Jerry
07-11-2012, 07:41 AM
I am doing a refurbish on my heavily used L112's The re-foam is complete the binding post have been replaced and now I would like to replace the caps while I am inside. I would like to stay as close to the original as possible. I have been searching for caps with the same value but no straight across match except the bypass. From what I have read here and other forums raising the voltage is ok ? is how far can I vary from the original uf and not make a major change? Next should I move up or down with the uf value just as example 5.6uf 400v instead of 6uf 200v. I have been looking at Dayton, erse and solen caps. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks Jerry

Odd
07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Voltage is not important, do not go down from the original. Want 6uF, use two 3uF in parallel. = 6uF
You can calculate here (http://www.kompotek.no/calc/motstand.htm).
(Motstand = Resistors)
(Kondesator = caps)

Wagner
07-22-2012, 03:54 PM
I am doing a refurbish on my heavily used L112's The re-foam is complete the binding post have been replaced and now I would like to replace the caps while I am inside. I would like to stay as close to the original as possible. I have been searching for caps with the same value but no straight across match except the bypass. From what I have read here and other forums raising the voltage is ok ? is how far can I vary from the original uf and not make a major change? Next should I move up or down with the uf value just as example 5.6uf 400v instead of 6uf 200v. I have been looking at Dayton, erse and solen caps. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks Jerry

Leave the networks alone.

Thomas

crypto
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I recaped mine with all daytons.I like it and will do it again for my sons pair.

DHL
08-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I rebuilt the crossovers in my L212 using Dayton polypropylene film caps and it sounds great. I did use values as close as possible to the originals (within 5 - 10%). IMHO polypropylene films sound a lot better than mylar film caps, which is what JBL spec'd in the orignal crossover. I would stay away from electrolytics (even non-polar versions) in the crossovers.