PDA

View Full Version : Getting parts

paragon
09-24-2004, 12:09 PM
What`s the problem to send JBL parts out of the USA ?
Most sellers woen`t send out of the USA and I can`t get this !!!!
I´ve had a problem with paypal, but now it works.
You get all your money.

Eckhard

Zilch
09-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by paragon
What`s the problem to send JBL parts out of the USA ?
Ignorance, basically.

Most individual US sellers don't want to deal with shipping internationally, even though the paperwork is minimal. They don't know how to receive secure payment from international buyers, or how to package and ship.

Shipping a pair of L100's to Europe, for example, is beyond the perceived capabilities of most average people, even though it can be done through their local shipping store. Air freighting a pair of 4430's with export documents against an international bank draft is out of the question for anyone but a professional here.

Paypal doesn't work for payment, as there is no seller protection on internatioal sales. The buyer can simply say they never got the item, and Paypal will refund and take the money back from the seller.

The Global Village is not here yet. There's enough unknown to most sellers that they don't want to deal with international sales, parts included, by default. They won't even ship to Canada, typically, and certainly not to Mexico....

boputnam
09-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Hey, Eckhard...

Let me know if I can help. I've trans-shipped parts for others of your JBL kinfolk over there, and other than slow delivery everything went fine.

Let me know what you need - you can PayPal me on the JBL invoice, plus the overseas shipping cost.

Guido
09-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Bo is da man :cool:

andresohc
09-27-2004, 11:25 PM
My first two international shipments were problematic. I did all the paperwork correctly, sent products, and they fell into a customs hole. They were both held up with no explanation for one and a half and two months each. I had no way of figuring out where they were or when they would be delivered. One of these was just to Canada. About the time I filed for a lost package, they showed up on the guys doorstep. This length of time upset both the sellers and made for several tense emails. I no longer ship internationally to people I dont know largely because I use up a lot of trust in the transaction after a couple of months. Someone I know will understand I really did ship it (not an excuse). I dont expect this consideration from new buyers. Granted both the shipments were in the year after 9-11 and maybe its better now...

paragon
10-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Thank you Bo and all others.

Best Regards
Eckhard