PDA

View Full Version : Scored a pair of the L36 Decade

brewdude
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Got them free from a friend who is moving soon.

They need some work -- but, I figure even if I have to put $75 to $100 into them for refurbishing -- it's still a deal.

The speakers need foam surround replacements, (1) midrange, new grill cloth, and might need re-veneering.
Should be a fun project though.

Now I need to make a decision -- keep the 4410s (which I currently refurbishing) or the L36's...or keep both? :)

svollmer
07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Fantastic deal! I'm sure there are many here who love the L36 Decade and will be glad to offer advice.

Good luck! :applaud:

brewdude
07-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Fantastic deal! I'm sure there are many here who love the L36 Decade and will be glad to offer advice.

Good luck! :applaud:

Thanks Steve! :)

SEAWOLF97
07-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Now I need to make a decision -- keep the 4410s (which I currently refurbishing) or the L36's...or keep both? :)

I've owned both ...they are very different, despite being the same topology.

4410's are somewhat dry, but very accurate. its a real studio monitor
L36 - IMHO- had a poorly implemented mid , was a lower end consumer offering. Many really enjoy it tho. Prolly still beats a lot of what is available today.

since you have little invested in the L36's , keep them both .. when they are done, make your own conclusions.

brewdude
07-05-2012, 05:57 AM
I've owned both ...they are very different, despite being the same topology.

4410's are somewhat dry, but very accurate. its a real studio monitor
L36 - IMHO- had a poorly implemented mid , was a lower end consumer offering. Many really enjoy it tho. Prolly still beats a lot of what is available today.

since you have little invested in the L36's , keep them both .. when they are done, make your own conclusions.

Yep -- that's exactly what I will do -- refurbish both and compare them side by side.