PDA

View Full Version : JBL Model 6233 Power amp

harrypj
06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
I recently obtained a JBL Professional Series power amplifier Model 6233. I was very excited to get this amp. I have an original pro ad for this unit. What I was wondering if anyone knows about this amp. The amp did not have the "shorting plugs" needed to run the unit in unbalanced mode, but I was lucky to find a pair of 9 pin plugs to make the "shorting plugs". It works great. There isn't much information on this unit; although the service manual is available on line, thank goodness. I am wondering if mine is a prototype, serial # 10648 or someone changed the front panel. There is no silkscreening on it, but all the lights are in the same place and front air intake is the same; accept missing the filter holder. I'll try to post photos of the unit and pictures from the ad. This amp I am sure has quite the history. -5598655987559885598955990 harrypj

grumpy
06-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Fun piece of history :) ... I'd surmise that someone just refinished the stock front panel, repainting it. Commercial use tends to attract pencil marks, tape, stickers, scratches, etc... Hopefully it will run without needing service for a long time.

doum
12-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Hello

I have a 6233 out of service.
I have buyed it like this, two cards of a chanel are missing in.:crying:
If someone need it for spare parts, i can sell it.

harrypj
12-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I posted this thread some time ago about a JBL 6233 Power amp that I was excited to get. I finally found the time to do overall cleaning and redo the face plate. This amp was VERY dirty. Still works great; what a well contructed and designed amp. Talk about a lot of parts in a pretty small box!

Not a very good photo. Trust me, it looks a lot better than the photo.

timmy_boy59
12-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Where do you live in France? I live in Germany and own a working 6233 but would be interested in buying yours for spare parts. What kind of price where you wanting?
Hello

I have a 6233 out of service.
I have buyed it like this, two cards of a chanel are missing in.:crying:
If someone need it for spare parts, i can sell it.