PDA

View Full Version : Interesting items on thebay

gferrell
05-23-2012, 06:56 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-SIGNATURE-COLLECTION-/330737486002?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item4d017d88b2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-SIGNATURE-COLLECTION-/330737482041?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item4d017d7939

4313B
05-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Someone must have a helluva lot higher opinion of those old items than I do... and I know EXACTLY what they all are and what they all do.

The rarity comes from the fact that all the other examples of those pieces are in land fills.

Some nice old man is probably looking at that auction wishing he had five bucks, let alone five thousand bucks, so he could replace a long ago failed LE20-1 in his cherished pair of Lancer 77's.

The networks are all worth what the aluminum recycler would give you for them. If they didn't have those aluminum boxes for recycling, they wouldn't be worth a printed page.

The 075's might be worth something to someone, though I can't imagine what they'd use them for. I guess one could strap some terrorist to a table, put one on each side of their head, turn them up and give them what for.

Hate to be harsh but those auctions are utterly ludicrous. There are some seriously insane people out there though so we'll see what happens. :bouncy:

gferrell
05-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Someone must have a helluva lot higher opinion of those old items than I do... and I know EXACTLY what they all are and what they all do.

The rarity comes from the fact that all the other examples of those pieces are in land fills.

Some nice old man is probably looking at that auction wishing he had five bucks, let alone five thousand bucks, so he could replace a long ago failed LE20-1 in his cherished pair of Lancer 77's.

The networks are all worth what the aluminum recycler would give you for them. If they didn't have those aluminum boxes for recycling, they wouldn't be worth a printed page.

The 075's might be worth something to someone, though I can't imagine what they'd use them for. I guess one could strap some terrorist to a table, put one on each side of their head, turn them up and give them what for.

Hate to be harsh but those auctions are utterly ludicrous. There are some seriously insane people out there though so we'll see what happens. :bouncy:

I take it you won't be bidding! :D

hjames
05-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Perhaps some kind of alkaloid or poppy derivative was involved ...
or, as was said in the cult film "The Castle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Castle_%28film%29)" - "He's Dreamin'!"

jcrobso
05-23-2012, 09:27 AM
The only ones of value are the 075's but they go for $100~150 ea,. Maybe a little more since they seam to be NOS.

richluvsound
05-23-2012, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=4313B;333746]Someone must have a helluva lot higher opinion of those old items than I do... and I know EXACTLY what they all are and what they all do.

5k would buy some very nice TAD 4003's

4313B
05-23-2012, 09:45 AM
5k would buy some very nice TAD 4003'sYou and I are on the same page.
I take it you won't be bidding! :D
:rotfl:

edgewound
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
I guess one could strap some terrorist to a table, put one on each side of their head, turn them up and give them what for.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have that same little green catalogue...Hmmmmm....

:hmm::hmm::yes:

tomt
05-25-2012, 09:00 PM
check out what they want for shipping.

same for all their auctions ...

^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$^