PDA

View Full Version : 4410's!!

brewdude
05-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Just grabbed a nice pair of 4410's for $150/pair advertised on CL. :)

Cabinets are in very good condition, drivers are in excellent condition (need to refoam woofers though, but expected).

Thanks to my good friend Steve (svollmer) for giving me the heads up on these.

Titanium Dome
05-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Hey, your first post and good news at that! Congratulations and welcome to the forum. :)

svollmer
05-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Good score Rick!

The group will want pictures as you fix them up. We're a little on the voyaristic side! :applaud:

hjames
05-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Good score Rick!

The group will want pictures as you fix them up.
We're a little on the voyaristic side! :applaud:

A LITTLE?? folks here live vicariously on your purchases!! :D

And yes, kudos on your score!
Rick Cobb is the go to guy for the speaker surrounds ...
but Steve's probably helped you with that info too!

SEAWOLF97
05-07-2012, 08:50 AM
4410's ?

mine are gone and I miss them.

easy refoam , but be VERY careful of the grill pegs. if you just pull on the grills, the pegs
will break. I used a quarter between the grill and speaker and slowly pried at the location
of each peg.

Very revealing speakers...never described by anyone as "warm" ...Many (including me)
have called them "clinical" or "sterile"...don't waste your time using tubes with them.

Can be extremely rewarding when you get them dialed in ...placement is not picky.

if I had an open spot to use them , would buy again ....I don't say that about every
speaker that has been in my possession.

congrats.

brewdude
05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Good score Rick!

The group will want pictures as you fix them up. We're a little on the voyaristic side! :applaud:

Will do Steve!!

brewdude
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
A LITTLE?? folks here live vicariously on your purchases!! :D

And yes, kudos on your score!
Rick Cobb is the go to guy for the speaker surrounds ...
but Steve's probably helped you with that info too!

Thanks!! And I just ordered my surrounds from Rick on Ebay this morning.

brewdude
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Hey, your first post and good news at that! Congratulations and welcome to the forum. :)

Thank You!!

brewdude
05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
4410's ?

mine are gone and I miss them.

easy refoam , but be VERY careful of the grill pegs. if you just pull on the grills, the pegs
will break. I used a quarter between the grill and speaker and slowly pried at the location
of each peg.

Very revealing speakers...never described by anyone as "warm" ...Many (including me)
have called them "clinical" or "sterile"...don't waste your time using tubes with them.

Can be extremely rewarding when you get them dialed in ...placement is not picky.

if I had an open spot to use them , would buy again ....I don't say that about every
speaker that has been in my possession.

congrats.

Interesting you mentioned the grill pegs. One of the grills was "tacked" on with small finishing nails.
Upon removing the nails, sure enough all of the pegs had been sheared off.
But -- I'm not too concerned having the grill covers attached initially (they actually look pretty cool without the covers). I'm planning on removing the broken pegs, filling in nail holes, and repainting the fronts of both cabinets.

I'll post before, during, and after pics.

Rick

hjames
05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Interesting you mentioned the grill pegs. One of the grills was "tacked" on with small finishing nails.
Upon removing the nails, sure enough all of the pegs had been sheared off.
But -- I'm not too concerned having the grill covers attached initially (they actually look pretty cool without the covers). I'm planning on removing the broken pegs, filling in nail holes, and repainting the fronts of both cabinets.

I'll post before, during, and after pics.

Rick
If you go that route, you can consider either using small velcro tabs on the grills & baffle board to attach the grills for occasional protection,
or gluing small neo magnets into the existing holes in the baffle board and gluing metal plates to the back of the grills for invisible attachment.

I think one of the members here said they got the neo magnets from Parts Express.

brewdude
05-08-2012, 09:33 AM
If you go that route, you can consider either using small velcro tabs on the grills & baffle board to attach the grills for occasional protection,
or gluing small neo magnets into the existing holes in the baffle board and gluing metal plates to the back of the grills for invisible attachment.

I think one of the members here said they got the neo magnets from Parts Express.

That's a great idea. Thanks.