PDA

View Full Version : Lancer 77's

Cavalryman40
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
First off, let me appolgise for the lack of posts here the last few years. Things got in the way of my hobby, New Job, New son, and moving across country. But now that things have calmed down, I am back. Which brings me to my question. I just picked up a pair of Lancer 77's. Tha cabnets are in nice shape, the grills are excellant and the drivers look nice. I paid $50.00 for them. I will have to re-foam the drivers. Now the question, I was able to get the the LE-10's and the Radiators out with no problem. I would like to take the tweeters out so I can check the Ohms out, and I can not figure how to get them out. They appear to be glued in. Does anyone know how to get them out without doing any damage to the cabinets?
I am also planing a re-capping the crossovers.

Thanks

4313B
04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
You have to carefully remove the foilcals covering the three screws holding the LE20-1's in.

And to think I used to have so many of those nice little LE20-1 foilcals laying around...

SEAWOLF97
04-27-2012, 11:34 AM
there are threads around here abt removing the black foilcal well
enough to reuse it ...do a search

basically , it will come off when heated with a hairdrier , and pried slowly with a thin blade.

Cavalryman40
04-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the information. Based on what you guys have said, I think I am just going to re-foam, and recap. Put them back together and see if they work, and if they do, no need to take them out just to check the ohms. If they don't work, then they would have to come out anyway. I hate to mess them up, even though you can't see the foilcals. It always amazes me, every time I peek inside of a pair of vintage JBL's or open up one of my Marantz recievers to change some lamps. Everything inside is high quality. And while I would expect that from the high end stuff, my stuff was not very high end, but they still built them that way. Too bad we place more value on price now, instead of quality.