PDA

View Full Version : Restock Expressionist?

Chasedabigbase
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Hello I've been speaker hunting for my dorm next year, and when I came across the Expressionist Ultra it was perfect! However of course it's also out of stock! ): any possible estimate of when new orders are available? God forbid they discontinued them!:eek:

hjames
04-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Hello I've been speaker hunting for my dorm next year, and when I came across the Expressionist Ultra it was perfect! However of course it's also out of stock! ): any possible estimate of when new orders are available? God forbid they discontinued them!:eek:

We are fans of the vintage Altec speakers, and the JBL systems.
We are not connected to the factory or to any distributors.

These Ultras are apparently computer speakers made by a company currently selling things under the Altec name -
they are connected by name only to the original Altec Lansing firm that made the classic speakers.
I had to Google them to even see what they are & I have no clue when they will be in stores.

I used Google to find an online source - and got prices from $147 up to around $300
You could order a pair that way.

Happy shopping!

Lee in Montreal
04-18-2012, 04:19 AM
Ah, ah, ah. Altec Lansing: the company now mostly known for making cheap computer plastic speakers... Sad. So sad.

Mr. Widget
04-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello I've been speaker hunting for my dorm next year, and when I came across the Expressionist Ultra it was perfect! However of course it's also out of stock! ): any possible estimate of when new orders are available? God forbid they discontinued them!:eek:Welcome to the Forum... we are mostly a group of old geezers with big ass speakers... many of us have speakers that are decades older than you probably are... all that aside, if you poke around here a bit you might discover better ways to chase the bass. :bouncy:

Widget

hjames
04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the Forum... we are mostly a group of old geezers with big ass speakers... many of us have speakers that are decades older than you probably are... all that aside, if you poke around here a bit you might discover better ways to chase the bass. :bouncy:

Widget:banana:

NOT a geeze, thank you very much!

tho my speakers are older and larger, it is true ...

gferrell
04-18-2012, 01:55 PM
There are quite a few of us old geezers here though!:rockon1:

hjames
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
There are quite a few of us old geezers here though!:rockon1:

You never struck me as a geeze - and neither did Mr Wizard ... er Widget.

Its not an age, its an attitude ....!

I'm older than all my speakers - yet - not geezey ...

maxwedge
04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
:banana:

tho my speakers are older and larger, it is true ...
Ok, I like that:applaud:

JuniorJBL
04-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the Forum... we are mostly a group of old geezers with big ass speakers... many of us have speakers that are decades older than you probably are... all that aside, if you poke around here a bit you might discover better ways to chase the bass. :bouncy:

Widget

:rotfl:

Some even use "Big ass speakers" for our computers!!
:p

louped garouv
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM
:banana:

it's all in the eye of the beholder, right?

BMWCCA
04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm older than all my speakers - yet - not geezey ...

I'll be sixty on my next birthday and I'm older than all of my speakers, too . . . but not by much! My oldest JBL 030 was purchased by my father when I was about four-years old and it still has all its original part!

Either we're really tall or some of our big-ass speakers ain't really that big:

JuniorJBL
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM

I would say that could still be considered a "Big ass computer speaker":)

hjames
04-18-2012, 06:28 PM
it's all in the eye of the beholder, right?

Nah, didn't your west coast mystic once sing:
"You're only geezey as you feel ...
Only geezey as you feel inside ..."

Strut!

svollmer
04-19-2012, 06:38 AM
I'll be sixty on my next birthday and I'm older than all of my speakers, too . . . but not by much! My oldest JBL 030 was purchased by my father when I was about four-years old and it still has all its original part!

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=55496&stc=1&d=1334790448

Man, I can't believe how easy you two lift a 240Ti! It used to kill me to move mine around. :rotfl:

BMWCCA
04-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Man, I can't believe how easy you two lift a 240Ti! It used to kill me to move mine around. :rotfl:

Nuthin' to it when you're twelve-feet tall!

gferrell
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Just ask my 4 kids, and 8 grandlkids they will say I'm a crazy old geezer and they still love me!

Guy in WNY
04-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Does that make me a geezer?
AND yes, my son is patched into my big assed speakers with his gameing computer. When he gets to playing dub step music the whole house rumbles!

hjames
04-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Nope - Phil and I got some time on ya -
and we're not Geeze yet ...
So you're not a geeze yet - if you don't want to be.

You might be a geeze if ...
... you'd rather spend a nice sunny weekend in the basement sorting and cataloging old tubes instead of enjoying the day outside.

57! Does that make me a geezer?
AND yes, my son is patched into my big assed speakers with his gameing computer.
When he gets to playing dub step music the whole house rumbles!

gferrell
04-25-2012, 05:56 AM
Nope - Phil and I got some time on ya -
and we're not Geeze yet ...
So you're not a geeze yet - if you don't want to be.

You might be a geeze if ...
... you'd rather spend a nice sunny weekend in the basement sorting and cataloging old tubes instead of enjoying the day outside.

Well I guess that means I'm not a Geeze after all!