PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Get Over This.................. : - (

Wagner
04-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Sold a much loved pair of speakers yesterday for the worst of reasons, I desperately needed money

Practically gave them away

My seldom used, but much coveted, C40s with the correct 001 load

The cabs weren't perfect, but the loads were near mint

Now I just want to cry

Hopefully this will pass........:(

Thomas

rdgrimes
04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Did they go to a good home?

richluvsound
04-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I know that feeling ...... I feel for you mate . Time for a new chapter . I sure you'll become the guardian of something in the future .;)

Krunchy
04-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Sold a much loved pair of speakers yesterday for the worst of reasons, I desperately needed money

Practically gave them away

My seldom used, but much coveted, C40s with the correct 001 load

The cabs weren't perfect, but the loads were near mint

Now I just want to cry

Hopefully this will pass........:(
Thomas

It will, in time. Sorry to hear about your situation, I agree with Rich, you'll be the lucky guardian of something that will be dear to you again.
In the meantime you can start thinking about what that something might be :)

Wagner
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Did they go to a good home?

Can't say with certainty; guy swears he's not a "flipper", but I know of him, and to some degree he is (from what little I know)

Deep down I have a feeling they'll eventually make it over seas

If he does part them out, he'll make bank (after the remorse kicked in I took a quick peek at what 130As, 175s and N1200s are currently realizing individually and in pairs, had to stop myself, only made it worse)

All it took was about 16 bars of the Classic Records re-issue of Cannonball's "Something Else" and they were going into the back of his van

Didn't even want to open them up to look

At least they left on one fine, final, "blue note"

Thomas

Titanium Dome
04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
It will pass... in phases. It'll be gone for a while, then sneak back up. Don't fight it; it only gets stronger if you do. Keep remembering there was something more important at the time and you took the responsible course.

You can't control what happens after that.

Now if you sold them to buy lottery tickets, a lap dance, or beer, I'd be telling you something else.

BMWCCA
04-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear that news!

Not that there's anything you can do about it now (and not to add salt to the wound), but did you offer them for sale here and I just missed them? I know we often have a reputation for being cheapskates on this board (at least that's what some have said), but I know a few who might have stepped up to help a fellow JBL fan. I love the 001 system. I can't believe you just let them go for nothing close to their value, but then I'm not in your shoes.

All the best and hang in there. The revolution's coming! :frantic:

Wagner
04-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear that news!

Not that there's anything you can do about it now (and not to add salt to the wound), but did you offer them for sale here and I just missed them? I know we often have a reputation for being cheapskates on this board (at least that's what some have said), but I know a few who might have stepped up to help a fellow JBL fan. I love the 001 system. I can't believe you just let them go for nothing close to their value, but then I'm not in your shoes.

All the best and hang in there. The revolution's coming! :frantic:

the 001? Love?! As do I my friend, as do I

I thought about posting them here, but I needed the cash FAST and there is no way I would have shipped these with a common carrier..................so, even though it would have been a preferable way to go, I did not for just those two reasons. I would have taken a minimum of a week or more, packing, crating etc.........you get what I am saying

Hope no one is offended

Just for the record ('cause I know folks are just too polite to ask); I gave the speakers away for $1,400 bucks

Ah well, what's done is done

Thanks men

Thomas

Wagner
04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I do have ONE consolation though

Not the same as true, legacy JBL, but I still have my Stephens Tru-Sonics, a pair of 206AXAs in real Stephens modified reflex cabs

And I hate (dare) to say this while at the same time soliciting comfort and sympathy; they actually best the 001 sonically overall, especially in the bottom end, at least in my room

They will now fill the void, somewhat, for that living breathing sound that the 001 can bring to classic Jazz when connected to a good tube amp

Not the same though, the 001 just has such a wonderful cleanliness and charm to it, aside from the fact of being very early fruit of the JBL Family Tree

I will miss them

Thomas