PDA

View Full Version : woofer repair

drumiv
03-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Hello all. I'm new new here, as well as to the JBL world, however, I did jump in the deep end; I picked up a set of L-50's first, then a set of L-100's ( non century model, with the orange logo), and now I have a 2nd. set of L-100's(these are the centurys) on the way. One of the woofers has a tear that the seller says has been pro. repaired. I like to know if there is a product out there that can do the job in case the guy is not being quite honest. Also, any info on these 3 speakers would be wonderfull. Thanks much.

louped garouv
03-21-2012, 11:41 AM
1st things first, welcome aboard! glad to hear others are being infected with our particular brand of sickness.... hahahaha just kidding...

well, if someone is paid to perform a woofer repair --does that make it a "professional repair?"

:)

to my knowledge, there is no factory endorsed repair technique for repairing a torn cone...
all i read/see reference to is: recone

granted there are some of us people who like to re-foam woofers with a deteroriating surrround;
that practice, however, is also not a factory endorsed practice --
JBL does not sell replacement foam surrounds

that being said, seems like a "wait and see" situation to me... maybe all is fine and functionally perfect... :)

to find some more info, check out the library....
also search the website using an advanced google search specifying this site ( www.audioheritage.org (http://www.audioheritage.org) ) as the domain to be searched...