PDA

View Full Version : Mcintosh mx121 and mvp891 has anyone auditioned these?

JoeNelis
02-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi all

I am interested in upgrading processor and bluray soon and I'm keep on these to items.
I have a mcintosh system, but here in Australia these items take awhile to get here so just after some feedback or experiences listening to these pieces.

Regards Joe...

gferrell
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
You may want to take the advise of a redneck. What I did was build a HTPC with a Blue Ray not to be confused with my cousin John Ray, which I hear mentioned on this site when it comes to music. You see, John Ray listens to all kinds of music. The Blue Ray is the primary optical disk device on this HTPC. I have a lot of music on the Hard Disk too. I also have a DVD player that plays SACD's. They are Awesome sounding! In addition to that, I have an old turntable which plays Vinyl, which John Ray really likes. All of this goes through my processor and then the amps and out my JBL speakers. So this site can help if you tell us what you want to accomplish besides an upgrade. Sounds like you are looking for add on's. If you need help with faster shipping someone on this forum may be able to help.

Enjoy

JoeNelis
03-01-2012, 03:52 AM
You may want to take the advise of a redneck. What I did was build a HTPC with a Blue Ray not to be confused with my cousin John Ray, which I hear mentioned on this site when it comes to music. You see, John Ray listens to all kinds of music. The Blue Ray is the primary optical disk device on this HTPC. I have a lot of music on the Hard Disk too. I also have a DVD player that plays SACD's. They are Awesome sounding! In addition to that, I have an old turntable which plays Vinyl, which John Ray really likes. All of this goes through my processor and then the amps and out my JBL speakers. So this site can help if you tell us what you want to accomplish besides an upgrade. Sounds like you are looking for add on's. If you need help with faster shipping someone on this forum may be able to help.

Enjoy

Thanx for the reply, I was maybe looking at a pc based system but was looking for a match with my other components. The oppo bdp95 has similar specs to the MVP 891 at a fraction of the price. The MX 121 was short listed due to features and balanced outputs( pioneer i have does not have). But the pc is not a bad option though....I will keep it in mind .