PDA

View Full Version : triple stacking horns???

moray james
02-18-2012, 01:29 AM
I am interested to learn more about the method Don Keele used in the 70s when triple stacking horns like the HR9040. The central horn fired forward and ran full range with EQ to 20 KHz while the upper and lower horns of the triple stack were somewhat tilted toward the central horn of the stack and were both allowed to naturally roll off. This was intended to deal with any comb filtering. Has anyone got any reference links or image links to one of these stacks. They were very large and I cannot imagine ever forgetting seeing such a stack. Thank you for any assistance. Best regards Moray James.

moray james
02-19-2012, 10:29 AM
so where do the EV guys hang out There must be a place where they still feed the Whales? Thanks Best regards Moray James.

Ruediger
02-19-2012, 01:03 PM
After checking the data sheet for the JBL 2360 and cousins I can only imagine that the idea was to improve pattern control at low frequencies.

Do You have a picture of such a setup? Where's the information from?

Ruediger

Robh3606
02-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Here is a JBL Technote on it.

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/support/getfile.aspx?docid=294&doctype=3

Rob:)

moray james
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
After checking the data sheet for the JBL 2360 and cousins I can only imagine that the idea was to improve pattern control at low frequencies.

Do You have a picture of such a setup? Where's the information from?

Ruediger

I do not have any pictures of the triple stack nor do I have any literature either. I was told by someone who saw this set up that the upper and lower horns were tilted at somewhere between 10 - 15 degrees. The central horn fires straight ahead and is EQ'ed for full range operation the flanking horns are left to roll off naturally. I was told that there is an EV app note on this but I do not know any more than that. Thanks for any assistance. Best regards Moray James.