PDA

View Full Version : JBL YouTube video

57BELAIRE
02-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Those JBL promotional videos posted by Don M. are great. I don't know if this one has been posted but it's my favorite...crank it up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UHPSZ8nX3k&feature=related :applaud:

4313B
02-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I laughed at this inane post:

i do not understand why people keep asking about song or artist in a speaker video. Its about a speaker, not about any artist.

Mr. Widget
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I really don't get it... I guess I am having one of those, "You kids turn that noise down!", moments... why do people create these videos and why do people spend a big chunk of their life watching them? I appreciate video... it can be very useful, in the hands of a talented artist it can be quite compelling and even beautiful, but people panning a camera back and forth in front of a stereo that is playing seems really inane to me. Guess, I'm showing my age.

Widget

4313B
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I really don't get it...Evidently my two year old gets it...

"Why do you do that?"

"Because I can."

:blink:

Robh3606
02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
but people panning a camera back and forth in front of a stereo that is playing seems really inane to me.

Hello Widget

Your not alone. Has me scratching my head. It's not like you can expect to hear what it really sounds like.

Rob:hmm:

57BELAIRE
02-08-2012, 04:43 AM
[QUOTE=Mr. Widget;328358]I really don't get it... I guess I am having one of those, "You kids turn that noise down!", moments... why do people create these videos and why do people spend a big chunk of their life watching them? I appreciate video... it can be very useful, in the hands of a talented artist it can be quite compelling and even beautiful, but people panning a camera back and forth in front of a stereo that is playing seems really inane to me. Guess, I'm showing my age.

Widget[/QUOTE

Well, if it was just any stereo that would be true, but when it comes to JBL's most iconic piece of visual art, I could look at this all day...but that's just me.

I guess we're all showing our age :p

hjames
02-08-2012, 05:06 AM
I really don't get it... I guess I am having one of those, "You kids turn that noise down!", moments... why do people create these videos and why do people spend a big chunk of their life watching them? I appreciate video... it can be very useful, in the hands of a talented artist it can be quite compelling and even beautiful, but people panning a camera back and forth in front of a stereo that is playing seems really inane to me. Guess, I'm showing my age.

Widget

Well, if it was just any stereo that would be true, but when it comes to JBL's most iconic piece of visual art, I could look at this all day...but that's just me.

I guess we're all showing our age :p

I agree - I can look at a paragon or similar beautiful sculptural piece all day long,
but I don't expect that what I hear in the Youtube video through their video recorder,
through YouTube compression, and then through my computer speakers
give me any significant idea of what the paragon actually sounds like in that space.

The audio may be amusing, but nothing critical ... might just as well turn down the audio and enjoy the images alone.

57BELAIRE
02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Although I do like that tune, this video was clearly not about the music and any red-blooded audiophile, especially a JBL fan, who doesn't enjoy gazing at that image...

well, in my humble opinion ....just doesn't get it.

4313B
02-08-2012, 08:03 AM
I could look at this all day...but that's just me.I feel the same way about my wife. I could look at her all day.

I just don't see the problem with the one poster asking what music was playing, since it was included in the video. If people posting and asking what music is playing is a problem then don't include music in the video, especially a video about a loudspeaker. Who in their right mind would play music through a loudspeaker? Where is the relevance in that? I'm just not getting it.

Nuke the Net. It's the only way to be sure...

pathfindermwd
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Although I do like that tune, this video was clearly not about the music and any red-blooded audiophile, especially a JBL fan, who doesn't enjoy gazing at that image...

well, in my humble opinion ....just doesn't get it.

I get it! :thmbsup:

pathfindermwd
02-08-2012, 04:45 PM
I feel the same way about my wife. I could look at her all day.

I just don't see the problem with the one poster asking what music was playing, since it was included in the video. If people posting and asking what music is playing is a problem then don't include music in the video, especially a video about a loudspeaker. Who in their right mind would play music through a loudspeaker? Where is the relevance in that? I'm just not getting it.

Nuke the Net. It's the only way to be sure...

Music helps to complete the visual fantasy, good song too.

Mr. Widget
02-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Some time back someone posted a link to a video for the Grande Utopia EM loudspeaker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV-uC3KvcYo&feature=player_embedded#!)... I found it visually interesting and I quite enjoyed the music... enough that I bought the E.S.T. album that featured some of the music that was used in the video.

I love the Paragon as much as anyone, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who enjoys watching these things, but shaky-cam amateur video with on-camera sound? I just don't get it.

Widget

pathfindermwd
02-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Some time back someone posted a link to a video for the Grande Utopia EM loudspeaker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV-uC3KvcYo&feature=player_embedded#%21)... I found it visually interesting and I quite enjoyed the music... enough that I bought the E.S.T. album that featured some of the music from the video.

But some amateur video with on-camera sound? I really don't get it.

Widget

I must be easily amused because I liked that too!:D

57BELAIRE
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Music helps to complete the visual fantasy, good song too.

yup, this video is for the eyes, the music, just enhances the experience....simple.

glad you enjoyed it.