PDA

View Full Version : Plastic suspensions for JBL 2231H woofers

audiophile.1963
01-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a pair of PLASTIC (NOT FOAM) suspensions for my JBL 2231H woofers: It is not important that they are original only that I could replace with a similar suspension for dimensions but in plastic. Where I can find these in USA? Could someone kindly help me because I live in Italy?
I don't care if there will be a modification of the parameters of the woofer!
Please let me know, thanks for all
Giuseppe

ivica
02-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a pair of PLASTIC (NOT FOAM) suspensions for my JBL 2231H woofers: It is not important that they are original only that I could replace with a similar suspension for dimensions but in plastic. Where I can find these in USA? Could someone kindly help me because I live in Italy?
Giuseppe
I do not understand what is 'plastic suspension", but as You said that You do not care about the parameters, then you can easily find it in any speaker-repair shop, or you can mail order from USA, as an example: http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem&Product_Code=11-035-W-JBL&Category_Code=
I do not expect that the price would be more then 50~60 U$D including shipment, and I think they would last more then decade.

hjames
02-01-2012, 04:03 AM
If it is not the standard suspensions there is no guarantee the sound will be the same ...
and with that kind of change you can pretty much guarantee it will NOT sound the same!

Hi,
Giuseppe

pathfindermwd
02-01-2012, 04:56 AM
Hi,
Giuseppe

I think you are saying that you want a rubber surround? What you might need to do is buy a set of foam surrounds and measure them, then look for suitable rubber surrounds. Or, you could find a distributor and see if they could recommend a rubber substitute. I would check ebay for the correct part, then contact the selller to see what they can come up with in rubber substitute for you. After doing a few refoam jobs myself, I have also wished for a rubber solution, even if it made a small difference in sound. Good luck!