PDA

View Full Version : Jbl 4412 replacement mid

boatalec
01-17-2012, 07:23 PM
One of the mids in a pair of 4412's need replacing. Any ideas on who is authorized to do a recone?
Or would I be better off replacing them with after market drivers? If so, what in the groups opinion is a good replacement. Thanks.

Don C
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
The driver should be a 104h-2. Replacing it with an aftermarket speaker would be a mistake. There are five of them on ebay right now.

One of the mids in a pair of 4412's need replacing. Any ideas on who is authorized to do a recone?
Or would I be better off replacing them with after market drivers? If so, what in the groups opinion is a good replacement. Thanks.

boatalec
01-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I've purchased drivers on eBay before with poor results. Both times the drivers where blown.

Re-coning bass drivers is very common, but is that true with mids?

DavidF
01-17-2012, 08:39 PM
I've purchased drivers on eBay before with poor results. Both times the drivers where blown.

The recone kit is listed as available as of 11/11. Check under support for a local JBL authorized repair shop and give them a call.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Transducers%20Parts%20List/Transducer%20Parts%20List.pdf

edgewound
01-17-2012, 11:05 PM

Yes. Reconing is not a problem with factory parts.