PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the Push-Terminals on 4430

moparfan
01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah, pretty basic question but I have to move a lot of stuff to move the speaker out over the carpet to get better access to it.

Serves me right for using a termination pin instead of bare wire, but I snapped off speaker wire termination pin (a screw on Monster Cable termination from) inside the push-terminal. It is kind of jammed in there right now. I think I can dislodge if I can find a wire pick to do it, but I am not so sure I can extricate it, once I loosen it, from being inside the push-terminal. Any reason to care about this little metal bit being stuck inside? If so, Is there any way to remove the push terminals from the rear of the speaker so I have better access?

Audiobeer
01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I THINK YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO PULL THE WOOFER TO GET TO THE NUT THAT HOLDS IT FROM THE INSIDE. :confused:

Rolf
01-16-2012, 06:20 AM
I THINK YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO PULL THE WOOFER TO GET TO THE NUT THAT HOLDS IT FROM THE INSIDE. :confused:

Yes, and that is the same for all speakers I have changed binding posts on. They have nut's inside to hold the terminals. I have never seen glued terminals. (On the outside).

moparfan
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
The little pin is inside the pushpin barrel where it will have to stay for a while.

I'll leave the 4430s unopened and, instead, open up the 4425 (sn 264955/265917) to take care of the blown diaphram.