PDA

View Full Version : 2225H Recone

GCT
12-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi

Just reconed a 2225 and there was a cloth gauze on the inside of the magnet which was burnt. This could only be seen once the cone was removed. There was no gauze on the square hole/nameplate on the rear of the speaker.

I removed it completely and put a fine metal gauze on the nameplate hole.

Is there supposed to be anything stuck to the inside of the magnet on the slot side?

Cheers

GCT

edgewound
12-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi

Just reconed a 2225 and there was a cloth gauze on the inside of the magnet which was burnt. This could only be seen once the cone was removed. There was no gauze on the square hole/nameplate on the rear of the speaker.

I removed it completely and put a fine metal gauze on the nameplate hole.

Is there supposed to be anything stuck to the inside of the magnet on the slot side?

Cheers

GCT

There was a dirt screen over the vent hole on the pole piece. Later models used an open cell foam filter that would rot over the years. Earlier models used a cloth screen.

1audiohack
12-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Usually a foam puck for a filter, when reconed many adhere a round piece of speaker cloth in it's place. I use a piece of a K&N aircleaner outerwear, it's virtually identical to the stiff nylon screen used on the later SVG drivers.

GCT
12-29-2011, 12:01 PM
OK Thanks.
GCT

ds23man
12-30-2011, 04:23 AM
I use these:

http://www.dentsply.com.au/endodontic-accessories/clean-stand-endo-twin-bloc-refill-sponges-large-a2/w1/i1006084_1001391/

My wife is a dentist, so large quantities always available:applaud:

Regards Gerhard

Eaulive
12-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Speaker cloth is good.
I used the cloth that serves as a sun screen for the cars, you know the kind that sticks in the window with a succion cup? :D