PDA

View Full Version : Good price for 4410's?

FBooth
12-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Classified came up (and an extra bit of luck, right in the area I live) for a set of these. I've been wanting the L80T3's but this might be a good opportunity to have the pro version. The guy wants $350 for what he describes as a recently refurbished pair. Hoping to get them after the holidays, hopefully no one grabs them before that.

My L20's have been so much fun to listen to especially with vinyl, that I am interested in what its bigger brothers can throw out.

This is the picture he posted.

http://i.imgur.com/h5pC8.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

hjames
12-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Baffleboard looks good -
now get him to send pix of the other sides of the cabinets!

Classified came up (and an extra bit of luck, right in the area I live) for a set of these. I've been wanting the L80T3's but this might be a good opportunity to have the pro version. The guy wants $350 for what he describes as a recently refurbished pair. Hoping to get them after the holidays, hopefully no one grabs them before that.

My L20's have been so much fun to listen to especially with vinyl, that I am interested in what its bigger brothers can throw out.

This is the picture he posted.

http://i.imgur.com/h5pC8.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

berf
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
$350 is at the top end of this moment's going price. If the veneer is not chipped or stained, there's no broken grill pegs, and the grill cloth has no pulls or tears, go for it. $275 to $300 would be fair for these in typical condition. They have the same components as the L80t/ t3 with slightly better cabinetry and a more advanced network and they always go for more money.

SEAWOLF97
12-21-2011, 05:09 PM
I paid $260 for a nice pair a couple of years back ...did not care for L80T's, but loved
the 4410's ...grill pegs are super fragile ...they can be repaired, but its a PITA ..

to remove the grills safely, you need to get something thin and flat and pry the frame
at all 6 peg points..one by one :eek:

FBooth
12-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Baffleboard looks good -
now get him to send pix of the other sides of the cabinets!

This is the response I got back w/photos

hey whats up no problems with these at all what so ever with any electronics..crossovers work fine ..no crackle or anything..but..like i said in the add there are drill holes in the wood .4 on the backs of eack and i beleive two on one side of each from the wall mounts...if you ebay these, there worth alot more then im selling them for..just need serato and or a studio mixer..your more then welcome to come take a listen the diaphrams have maybe 10 hours on them..just got these last year at an studio auction in fla...

54157 54158

Another +1 over the L80's is just physical size. Seems a lot of people are fans of these and have only heard one or two vids where they sounded pretty nice.

hjames
12-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Only you can decide if you want ones with additional holes at no extra charge (grin) ...
Are the wall mount brackets included?

I put a big hole in each of my L20s so I could hang them with a eyebolt ...
kinda killed me to do it, but they are solidly mounted ...

You may decide to do something like that with yours.

But it DOES diminish the resale value to have all those holes punched in them ...
but since they don't turn up that often ... only you can decide if you care ...

'Course you can't REALLY tell what they sound like from youtube videos ...

This is the response I got back w/photos

54157 54158

Another +1 over the L80's is just physical size. Seems a lot of people are fans of these
and have only heard one or two vids where they sounded pretty nice.

FBooth
12-21-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll probably need to check them out as he suggested, but can't see over $250 from me (actually probably less) It looked like he had them on stands, so if he factors in those then maybe something better I can offer.

Thanks for the help everyone, would love to have a pair of these with my 2325 in the near future. The l20's I have are the T3's.

gdwrench
12-22-2011, 05:04 PM
He's wanting too much,,that's why they are still available to you. 250 tops !! And that's only because he has refoamed them ;)