PDA

View Full Version : JBL EVEREST DD55000 So close but so far.......

wsilva
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Well my all time JBL speaker of desire has been the Everest DD55000, and this past week I missed a pair for sale within 50 miles of me by one day :banghead:

I couldn't believe the ad when I saw it, and man was I bummed when the seller told me that some one put a deposit on them the day before.

It probably would not have hurt so much if I missed them by a month or something, but ONE day........OH the agony.

No point to this post other than sharing how close I came to getting my dream speakers.

I guess we all have suffered from the "one that got away"

Titanium Dome
12-04-2011, 10:03 PM
:banghead:

Ouch! Maybe the buyer's wife will say "No way! Get those out of my house." Make sure the original seller knows how to reach you.

This is how I got my original set of Performance Series gear (at less than 15% of cost).

Rolf
12-05-2011, 04:58 AM
Your dream speaker? Well, to my ears the DD55000 has a lot missing. So my advice is to look for some 4 way 43XX models. Those are much easier to upgrade than the DD55000. Just my opininion.

dr_gallup
12-05-2011, 01:04 PM
:banghead:

Ouch! Maybe the buyer's wife will say "No way! Get those out of my house." Make sure the original seller knows how to reach you.

This is how I got my original set of Performance Series gear (at less than 15% of cost).

I got lucky like that buying a boat one time. I contacted the seller who was out of town at the time. I agreed to meet them the next day. Followed a car into their housing division, down their street & into their driveway. The guy in front of me decided to buy the boat. I left the seller my contact info in case the deal fell through. Got a call the next week & got my Boston Whaler.

herve M
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Your dream speaker? Well, to my ears the DD55000 has a lot missing. So my advice is to look for some 4 way 43XX models. Those are much easier to upgrade than the DD55000. Just my opininion.

:scold:Rolf disagree, every one has a different opinion;
For me, the4 3XX are out of date.Everest sound has not aged him.What is new model even more musical?

Rolf
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Why the:no_wag: ? I respect that you mean that the 43XX is not to your liking, but that is not a reason for me to like them and :no_wag: me. I an sure that if you visiting me, with my modified 4343B's, you would have a different opinion. Cheers. :cheers:

:scold:Rolf disagree, every one has a different opinion;
For me, the4 3XX are out of date.Everest sound has not aged him.What is new model even more musical?

richluvsound
12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Rolf ,

yours are modified . I would modify the Everest too . The old conical horns honk, the directivity is too narrow for my liking ,but they were never designed for hifi . Fixed position reference was the design brief .

I would love to hear that Everest horn with Beryllium behind it .

Rich

Rolf
12-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Rolf ,

yours are modified . I would modify the Everest too . The old conical horns honk, the directivity is too narrow for my liking ,but they were never designed for hifi . Fixed position reference was the design brief .

I would love to hear that Everest horn with Beryllium behind it .

Rich

Me to, but there are very few DD55000 in Norway. Don't know who.

Andyoz
12-06-2011, 07:21 AM
How much did they sell for then?

wsilva
12-06-2011, 12:12 PM
They sold for 5000$