Enjoy
JBL K2 9900
Krell 600e amplifiers
Krell Phantom Pre-amp
Enjoy...

Titanium Dome
11-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Love those...

...hope to get a better front end some day.

$$$$$$$:eek:$$$$$$$$$

timc
11-14-2011, 11:39 PM
A pair of S9900 i currently on demo in Trondheim Norway. I'll audition them tomorrow

Unfortunatly the room they are placed in are really bad,,,,but anyways........Can't wait

:bouncy::bouncy:

Hey19
11-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Love those...

...hope to get a better front end some day.

$$$$$$$:eek:$$$$$$$$$

require a sizable replacement of your music due to it's exposure of poor recordings? And what percentage just doesn't sound good on them? What types sound best? Any vinyl in your collection?

ronaltronics
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
The Performance from the Krell with the JBL K2-9900's was outstanding. We played Jeff Becks over the rainbow and the detail of the guitar was as if he was present in the room.

I felt it was a presentation that most people never get to see let alone hear and it opened alot of peoples minds as far as what is available in the market place for audio gear.

Many people had told me the system was one that they could listen to all day long with out fatigue what so ever.

Titanium Dome
11-19-2011, 05:17 PM
require a sizable replacement of your music due to it's exposure of poor recordings? And what percentage just doesn't sound good on them? What types sound best? Any vinyl in your collection?

Some recordings became insufferable. I've learned to play them on some of my other systems if I want to enjoy them. So now I have stacks of "This sounds good on the xxxx system, and these sound good on the yyyy system, and those sound better on the 0000 system." :D

As for what does sound good, it's everything that's well recorded. There are some fantastic sounds from jazz, big band, 80s pop, 60s rock, dance tracks, club mixes, trance, pop vocals, symphonic, brass, chamber, electronic--it can all sound fantastic if the media is well done.

I'd say 70% or more of popular music from the past couple of decades irritates me when I listen to it on the K2s. I can listen to the same stuff on the S/2600s with no annoyance at all (and also with a decrease in everything the K2s do well). Some rock/hard rock stuff really sounds better on the L7s and the XPL200As. A lot of club, dance, and trance stuff really works well on my PT250 (modded L250) but sounds brittle on the K2.

Of course the multichannel stuff is excellent either in hi-res stereo on the K2s or in glorious surround on the Performance Series system.

I'm not a huge vinyl fan, though I do have a vinyl set up in an upstairs room just for that purpose. Someday I'll take the TT down to the K2 set and give it a spin.

What I really need is an improved pre, though I'm happy with the old soldier I have in there. Nonetheless, once the holidays have passed, I'll start dredging the usual channels for last year's high end pre castoffs that will bring me up to just one generation behind in the two channel world. :blink: