PDA

View Full Version : C8R2235 Recone Kit Availability Question

warpig
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Hello All

Did a search and saw a thread (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?30986-C8r2235-...&highlight=c8r2235)last post from 5/19/2011. In that post it stated that JBL was having problems with QC on the kits.

Did they fix this and are the kits available to my service center?

I am currently in the process of redoing my L300 speakers. When I pulled the woofers the surround was split. I ordered the surrounds but was thinking if the kit is available then I may recone them.

The service centers that I contacted kind of gave me the run around. I do not expect them to sell the kit to me and I know they will be doing the work to install it.

Thanks

edgewound
11-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Hello,

The kits are available but stock goes fast. I shipped a reconed pair to Michigan a few weeks ago. The kits were just fine. The status if in-stock parts changes daily and the supply-line from Mexico can be painfully slow. QC issues are being resolved satisfactorily. Someone's been paying attention.

Hello All

Did a search and saw a thread (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?30986-C8r2235-...&highlight=c8r2235)last post from 5/19/2011. In that post it stated that JBL was having problems with QC on the kits.

Did they fix this and are the kits available to my service center?

I am currently in the process of redoing my L300 speakers. When I pulled the woofers the surround was split. I ordered the surrounds but was thinking if the kit is available then I may recone them.

The service centers that I contacted kind of gave me the run around. I do not expect them to sell the kit to me and I know they will be doing the work to install it.

Thanks

warpig
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. Great news on both fronts.

Another question. I have been doing a little research and just want to insure that if I get them reconed that the job is done correctly.

I was reading on the forum and this statement was made (If they are re-conned with C8R2235 JBL kit, mass ring of about 35~40 gr. had to be installed).

Does this still hold true and does it come with the kit?

Just want to insure they are done correctly. I have had the service center recone several of my speakers in the past and they do a very good job.

Really do not want to pack them and send them off though.

Again Thanks
:D

edgewound
11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. Great news on both fronts.

Another question. I have been doing a little research and just want to insure that if I get them reconed that the job is done correctly.

I was reading on the forum and this statement was made (If they are re-conned with C8R2235 JBL kit, mass ring of about 35~40 gr. had to be installed).

Does this still hold true and does it come with the kit?

Just want to insure they are done correctly. I have had the service center recone several of my speakers in the past and they do a very good job.

Really do not want to pack them and send them off though.

Again Thanks
:D

Yes, the mass ring is included in the kit.

And....Your most welcome.:)

jbl
11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Hello,

The kits are available but stock goes fast. I shipped a reconed pair to Michigan a few weeks ago. The kits were just fine. The status if in-stock parts changes daily and the supply-line from Mexico can be painfully slow. QC issues are being resolved satisfactorily. Someone's been paying attention.

What was the issue?

jbl
11-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Missed the thread.
Got the info I needed.