PDA

View Full Version : JBL 123A-1 vs 123A-3 polarity question

vanbeek
10-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Hello, First time poster.

I have a set of JBL L100A late model speakers with the 123A-3 drivers.

My 123A-3 drivers move inwards when I connect the positive battery post (end) to the red driver terminal or where the green wire w/o black stripe is connected. In other words, they act like 123A-1s. In fact, all the drivers act the same way including the LE5-2 midrange and the LE25 tweeter. ..inwards when positive battery voltage is supplied to the non black stripped wire terminals (red terminals) on the drivers.

my understanding from other posts I have read, is that it (123A-3) is supposed to move outwards unlike the 123A-1 which does move inwards, however, this is not the case with my speakers.

1) Anybody have any idea why?

2) and since the midrange driver is supposed to have the reverse polarity to the 2 other drivers, how does this reversal occur in my case....at the crossover? :confused:

thanks, Dave

http://audiokarma.org/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

imai
01-24-2022, 03:29 AM
Ciao, poster per la prima volta.
Ho un set di altoparlanti JBL L100A modello tardivo con i driver 123A-3.

I miei driver 123A-3 si spostano verso l'interno quando collego il palo positivo della batteria (fine) al driver terminal rosso o dove è collegato il filo verde senza striscia
nera. In altre parole, si comportano come 123A-1. In effetti, tutti i conducenti agiscono allo stesso modo, incluso il midrange LE5-2 e il tweeter LE25. .. verso l'interno quando la tensione positiva della batteria viene fornita ai terminali a filo non neri (terminali rossi) sui driver.
la mia comprensione da altri post che ho letto, è che (123A-3) dovrebbe muoversi verso l'esterno a differenza del 123A-1 che si muove verso l'interno, tuttavia, questo non è il caso dei miei
oratori.
1) Qualcuno ha idea del

perché?
2) e poiché il driver di fascia media dovrebbe avere l'inversione di polarità rispetto agli altri 2 driver, come si verifica questa inversione nel mio caso....
al crossover? grazie,
Dave :confused:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/images/misc/progress.gif