PDA

View Full Version : 4343's for PA?

Rolf
09-25-2011, 10:33 AM
I am wondering if my 4343B's are suitable for this: I bi-amp, and wonder if a bass guitar can be connected, and the rest (solo guitar, vocal, drums etc) can be connected from the 2121's and up. Of course via a mixing board.

Somebody knows, have tried it?

Robh3606
09-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I think Ian and his brother used a pair for DJ work but not live PA. I have never tried it but frankly I would not risk both transporting them there or be comfortable using my 4344's in that way.

Rob:)

grumpy
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
The bass drivers in particular are not up to sustained -live-, uncompressed, unlimited,
level drum and bass guitar dynamics.

It may work for awhile, ...eventually a 'mistake' will occur and poof. If I were a manufacturer, I would consider this warranty-voiding activity.

As an internet comrade, I can only suggest that you ponder this thoroughly, consider the consequences as well as other options... or at the very least, be careful.

jerv
09-26-2011, 01:57 AM
.....I bi-amp, and wonder if a bass guitar can be connected, and the rest (solo guitar, vocal, drums etc) can be connected from the 2121's and up......?

This will definitely not work. Both guitar, vocals and drums contain a lot of energy below the 2121 crossover frequerncy (as i remember about 250 or 300 Hz).

And I certainly agrees with the posters above: the units (particularly the 2231) is in no way robust enough for PA use. At "normal" PA levels, I will almost guarantee you that something will blow up.

Rolf
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the advice friends. It was pretty close to my own conclusion. Just needed to know.