PDA

View Full Version : d130 and 075 tweeter

jblansing4311
09-22-2011, 02:35 PM
i have a pair of belaires with 075 tweeter and the 2400 crossover.i am wanting to take the tweeter and the cross out of them and match them with a d130 woofer..but i dont have a cabinet for them.can i build a couple cabinets. and have these sound good??or sell the belaires whole and invest in something better.what do ya think??

grumpy
09-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Regardless, unless the Belaires are trashed, I would not (personally) be using
them as organ donors. 075 drivers are on ebay all day long.

louped garouv
09-22-2011, 03:37 PM
great advice grumpy, IMHO

Cooljjay
09-24-2011, 03:42 PM
From what I understand Bel Aires are supposedly pretty rare and sought after. I see one was on the bay and made it to 717$...but didn't meet the reserve. I would sell these and so they can stay together and buy the components to build the system you are looking at. Seems you can pick up a pair of 075's for around $500 and 2400's for around 250$...so for 750$ you can get these components...the bel aires should fetch close to 2k....so sell them and use the funds to build what you want....but don't do the organ donor thing!

Mr. Widget
09-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Regardless, unless the Belaires are trashed, I would not (personally) be using
them as organ donors. 075 drivers are on ebay all day long.:hmm:

If the Bel-Aires are a stereo pair and in restorable condition, I'll build you a pair of speakers and help you find the drivers... Bel Aires are rare and special... not especially wonderfully sounding perhaps, but that isn't the point.

Widget

hjames
09-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Well, they certainly are charming looking - a nice match for a mid-century modern home!
I like they little feet!

:hmm:

If the Bel-Aires are a stereo pair and in restorable condition, I'll build you a pair of speakers and help you find the drivers... Bel Aires are rare and special... not especially wonderfully sounding perhaps, but that isn't the point.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=53026&stc=1&d=1317060223

Widget

louped garouv
09-26-2011, 01:35 PM
:hmm:

Widget

Original poster,
I would (personally) jump on this kind offer, and quickly!