PDA

View Full Version : 250Ti Port Stuffing

Andyoz
09-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Hi tech gurus,

What is ther effect of stuffing the port on 250Ti's in terms of frequency response?

Has anyone else done this to tame ther low-end in a 'boomy' room. Mine are in a large room with masonry walls.

DavidF
09-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi tech gurus,

What is ther effect of stuffing the port on 250Ti's in terms of frequency response?

Has anyone else done this to tame ther low-end in a 'boomy' room. Mine are in a large room with masonry walls.

I have tried stuffing with acoustic fiber with the reasoning this would be a easy way to change the tuning of the port. I did not spend much time with it because I had issues with resonance at multiple frequencies more in the middle of the bass range. I was able to attentuate the resonance around 50Hz but the effect on low base was not so welcome. I frankly got better results with a 32 band equalizer at the expense of inserting a potential source of noise into the chain.

Amnes
09-18-2011, 05:23 PM
I also tried and it didn't help a bit in the boomy range of bass.

Mr. Widget
09-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi tech gurus,

Has anyone else done this to tame ther low-end in a 'boomy' room. Mine are in a large room with masonry walls.Where the speakers are within the room and where the listener is within the room will have the greatest impact on low end response... both creating and fixing problems.

Bass traps can be very helpful in a room with strong bass modes.

Widget