PDA

View Full Version : anyone members who compared JBL with KHAMA,WILSON,ROCKPORT,EGGLESTION,AVALON,YG???

martin_wu99
09-16-2011, 05:00 AM
why they are so hot in China?:eek:
Thry are considered to be hi-end?

JBLAddict
09-16-2011, 02:41 PM
why they are so hot in China?:eek:
Thry are considered to be hi-end?

Those are all part of a LONG list of "current audiophile" speaker names, to which you can add:

B&W, Linn, MartinLogan, Sonus Faber, Dynaudio, Von Schweikert (German names get audiophile bonus points!!), Meridian, Focal, Gallo, Tannoy, to name just a FEW....

Others here have PLENTY to say about that, but may not voice it again in this particular thread. But since I'm in a typin' mood.... In summary, JBL pioneered the speaker industry and was a global great through some point in the late 80s when they shifted focus on low cost speakers for big box stores. While they still continued to make ever greater systems, those (K2, Everest, Array) went mostly to Japan where JBL to this day is STILL the premier name, and to a lesser extent Scandanavia for reasons I do not know.

Whatever high end systems they made between 198X and today have been largely impossible to get unless you work with the JBL Synthesis dealer as part of a $100K+ and therefore JBL remains, at least in the US, an obscure relic.

As a result, the JBL name currently holds a global standing, depending on the age of the person, as:
A) the maker of cheap speakers
B) the maker of boomy rock speakers from 70s and 80s
C)Horn systems are not audiophile
D)Who the f*ck is JBL?

The variations on my summary can and will be many, but I believe a bunch of the key points are in there, minus any errors I might have made. Any corrections by forum members are welcome for my own edification. :)

martin_wu99
09-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Those are all part of a LONG list of "current audiophile" speaker names, to which you can add:

B&W, Linn, MartinLogan, Sonus Faber, Dynaudio, Von Schweikert (German names get audiophile bonus points!!), Meridian, Focal, Gallo, Tannoy, to name just a FEW....

Others here have PLENTY to say about that, but may not voice it again in this particular thread. But since I'm in a typin' mood.... In summary, JBL pioneered the speaker industry and was a global great through some point in the late 80s when they shifted focus on low cost speakers for big box stores. While they still continued to make ever greater systems, those (K2, Everest, Array) went mostly to Japan where JBL to this day is STILL the premier name, and to a lesser extent Scandanavia for reasons I do not know.

Whatever high end systems they made between 198X and today have been largely impossible to get unless you work with the JBL Synthesis dealer as part of a $100K+ and therefore JBL remains, at least in the US, an obscure relic.

As a result, the JBL name currently holds a global standing, depending on the age of the person, as:
A) the maker of cheap speakers
B) the maker of boomy rock speakers from 70s and 80s
C)Horn systems are not audiophile
D)Who the f*ck is JBL?

The variations on my summary can and will be many, but I believe a bunch of the key points are in there, minus any errors I might have made. Any corrections by forum members are welcome for my own edification. :)
Thank you for your comment.
I just want to know the position which JBL located in your eyes.
I think JBL is tools ,many others are toys,luxury toys.