PDA

View Full Version : JBL speaker issue

socaldc
09-14-2011, 06:34 AM
I have recently purchased some replacement mid range speakers for my JBL 4311's and when I open the package one of the rivets falls out of the back . Is this a big problem as to the performance ? Should return them ? Can it be repaired ? Other than that they are in great cond. Any help would be great .

Robh3606
09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Why don't you post some pictures?

Rob:)

hjames
09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
I have recently purchased some replacement mid range speakers for my JBL 4311's and when I open the package one of the rivets falls out of the back . Is this a big problem as to the performance ? Should return them ? Can it be repaired ? Other than that they are in great cond. Any help would be great .
You didn't specify the source so I have to ask ...

Did you buy them directly from JBL,
from one of its authorized repair centers,
or from a 3rd party source (or private seller)?

ratitifb
09-14-2011, 07:48 AM
I have recently purchased some replacement mid range speakers for my JBL 4311's and when I open the package one of the rivets falls out of the back . Is this a big problem as to the performance ? Should return them ? Can it be repaired ? Other than that they are in great cond. Any help would be great .if there are some rivets in the magnet assembly there should be a good mechanical reason for :hmm: and you don't have to accept :no_wag: that one of them falls out from a new driver :dont-know:

socaldc
09-14-2011, 07:58 AM
52854 These were bought from a third party . Can it be repaired ? Will it affect perfomance ? Thanks

grumpy
09-14-2011, 08:59 AM
It's there to align the back plate, magnet, and frame, plus keep them
stacked tightly. You still have two. Odd that one would come loose.
If you can't (or don't want to send it back), you might consider epoxying
the rivet in place, taking care that the epoxy doesn't drip through the far
side, onto the corrugated "spider" that holds/centers the voice coil
(visible if you look inside the frame, behind the cone.

If the magnet and back plate appear to be separating at all,
I would seriously try to return the unit.