PDA

View Full Version : Metregon info needed

eckans
08-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I recently purchased what looks like a JBL Metregon speaker that has had some ‘modifications’ done to it by one of it’s previous (likely the original) owners. It’s probably going to be too much for me to try to restore it – and it has been decided that it won’t be welcome in the house. There was no documentation that came with it and I’ve read what I can about it on the net and thought I’d see if I can get some more info here to help decide what to do with it. Would like to get opinions on value as it is, or possibly undertake restoring, and if so how to go about it.

The bad:
- The top has been cut to make a ‘console’ out of it; a turntable was put inside and the interior bracing was changed to accommodate this.
- There are some trim pieces on it that look like maybe they were added, which got me to wonder what was authentic and what was not.

- The crossovers are two different models; a 2400 and a 2600
Thegood:
- Speakers appear original, 2 way -- dated 1965 D123s and .075 tweeters

- Even as it is and clone or not, it is a striking looking piece of wood, and except for the top, it’s in great shape.
- It sounds fantastic.
I’ve tried to post a photo here and can post more if needed. Thanks for taking time to read and for any replies

eckans
08-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Photo

Maron Horonzakz
09-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Heretic !!!!