PDA

View Full Version : What do I have?

wnyman
08-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Good day all,

I have a JBL AV1B and have zero use for it. I dont know if it retains any value any longer as it is at least a few years old. I have had it boxed up (not origional box) for three years. It worked beautifully when I last used it. I hate for my first post to be a question, but is this piece worth anything? I have the unit and power cord and I think the remote. Is there a market for it and if so, where. I greatly appreciate the advice from the experts.

hjames
08-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Manuals and such for .. JBL AV1B Surround Processor

http://www.jbl.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductSupportDetails.aspx?PID=AV1

Titanium Dome
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Last year, used AV1 units were selling for around $500. In today's market, it's a limited device with some two-generations-ago features. Its sibling AV2 is a last-generation device that brings in a little more $$.

If you could get $500 today, you should be really happy. If you can get $350 you should be satisfied.

wnyman
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
That would be fine with me. Anyone looking for this piece on here or is there a better method to sell it out there? Thanks again for the help.

hjames
08-22-2011, 06:37 PM
That would be fine with me. Anyone looking for this piece on here or is there a better method to sell it out there? Thanks again for the help.

This group can be a bit fussy at times and is always looking for a deal ... :)

You may find the large yard-sale nature of ebay better suits trying to sell a piece of gear like that that's a bit off the beaten path ...

But best of luck with your sale!

Titanium Dome
08-22-2011, 07:50 PM

You can always post it in the Lansing marketplace here to see if it generates any interest. I think you might need five posts first?

You probably know this, but it's a rebadged Lexicon MC-4. (The SDP-5 was a rebadged Lexicon MC-8, and the AV2 was a rebadged Lexicon MV-5.)

Mr. Widget
08-22-2011, 10:17 PM
You can always post it in the Lansing marketplace here to see if it generates any interest. I think you might need five posts first?You can wish a few members a happy birthday, or I'll be happy to help you post it in the Market Place.

Widget

wnyman
08-30-2011, 08:55 AM
I have it now listed on Ebay and I put it on Amazon.com as well. Thanks to all for the info and input. We shall see if anyone wants this anymore.

wnyman
08-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I have it now listed on Ebay and I put it on Amazon.com as well. Thanks to all for the info and input. We shall see if anyone wants this anymore.

Guess someone wanted it!